How to Convert Excel to Dat
This wikiHow teaches you how to convert a Microsoft Excel file (.XLS) to the .DAT format on a Windows PC. You'll begin by converting the .XLS file to .CSV (comma separated values) format, and then you can convert to .DAT in an app like...
Part 1 of 2:
Converting to .CSV
Open Microsoft Excel. It's in the Microsoft Office group of the All Apps section of the Windows/Start menu.
Click the menu. It's near the top-left corner of the screen.
Click the file you want to convert. The file will open in Excel.
Click the menu.
Navigate to the folder where you want to save the file.
Click the 'Save as type' drop-down menu. A list of file types will appear.
Select . This will create a file that can be converted to .DAT format.
Type a name for the file. It goes into the 'File name' field. If you want to accept the current name you can skip this step.
Click . A confirmation message will appear.
Click . The .CSV file is saved and ready to be converted.
Part 2 of 2:
Converting the .CSV to .DAT
Press ⊞ Win+E. This opens the file explorer.
Navigate to the folder where you saved the .CSV file. Don't click the file once you open the folder, just bring it onto the screen.
Right-click the file to convert.
Select . A list of apps will appear.
Click . The file will open in the Notepad app.
Click the menu. It's near the top-left corner of Notepad.
Click the 'Save as type' drop-down menu. It's below the 'File name' field. A list of file types will appear.
Select . Choosing this option allows you to specify your own file extension.
Rename the file with .DAT at the end. For example, if the 'File name' field currently says Book1.txt, change it to Book1.dat.
It doesn't matter whether the letters in .DAT are capital or lowercase.
Click . The original file is now saved in the .DAT format.
- How to convert CSV files to Excel in bulk
- How to convert money into words in Excel, without an add-in, supports both 32-bit and 64-bit Excel
- How to convert PDF to Excel
- How to convert columns into rows and rows into columns in Excel
- How to use the Convert function on Excel
- How to convert Cad to Word, PDF, Excel
- How to convert PDF files to Excel keeps formatting
- How to Convert Measurements Easily in Microsoft Excel
- How to convert a CSV file to Excel
- How to convert numbers into words in Excel?