Word does not display Equation - Don't worry because there is a solution [100% EFFECTIVE]
Word not showing Equation makes you uncomfortable and even makes your work difficult because you cannot write mathematical formulas as needed? TipsMake has a way for you to handle this problem, let's go!
When editing text, there are many cases where you need to write mathematical formulas. And now, whether it's Word, Excel, or Powerpoint, typing mathematical formulas is super simple thanks to the Equation tool. This is a mathematical formula replacement that helps users write formulas in the correct format and each part of the formula without needing to rely on any other 3rd party software.
By default, Equation is always available in Word. But many users have encountered a situation where Word does not display Equation . TipsMake has researched and found solutions to help you in the next section.
Why doesn't Word show Equation?
Why can't Equation be used in Word is the question we need to find the answer to. Because only when we know the specific cause can we find a correct and effective solution for this situation.
Regarding the Equation error in Word, don't worry. Because this is not an incident where it is difficult to find the 'culprit'. Specifically, it's not that Word is having problems, it's simply because the equation in word is hidden. And the leading causes of Word hiding the math toolbar are:
- The user is saving the file as file.doc format
- Equation is not supported for Word 2003 and earlier
Above are the 2 main reasons why Word does not display the math toolbar. Detailed troubleshooting methods will be in the next section.
- How to fix the error of correct alignment but incorrect printing in Word?
- Pressing Enter in Word causes the distance to jump too far, super easy to handle
Learn how to fix the problem of Word not displaying Equation quickly and effectively
First, on new versions of Word, you just need to click Insert > Find the Symbols area and you will see the Equation tool. And make sure this toolbar is visible by default. In case you use Word version 2003 or earlier, this math toolbar is not supported. Therefore, the best way is to uninstall this version and download a new version of Word from 2010 or later to use.
In case it is hidden due to incorrect file format settings, the way to fix Equation errors in Word is:
- Step 1 : The user opens Word without the math toolbar > Click the File tab > Select Options .
- Step 2 : In the new window, select the Save tab in the left pane.
- Step 3 : Continue looking through the right pane, find the Save Documents section > At the Save file in this format line > Click the arrow and select Word document* > Click OK to save.
After completing these steps, close Word and relaunch the software again > The Equation bar will display again and can be used normally.
Although rare, it cannot be ruled out that if you install the cracked version of Word, you will encounter some problems, including not being able to use all of Word's features. Therefore, if this is the cause, please try uninstalling and reinstalling the original version of Microsoft Word to see what happens.
Above are all the solutions when Word does not display Equation. The fix is extremely simple, right? Wishing you success in fixing the error!
- Prepare and edit mathematical expressions in Word
- How to display Ruler ruler bar in Micorosoft Word 2010, Word 2003, 2007, 2013 and Word 2016
- Word 2016 full guide (Part 23): How to check spelling and grammar
- How to Insert Equations in Microsoft Word
- How to display rules in Word 2013 and 2016 - How to display rule bars in Word 2013 and 2016
- Text display mode in Word
- Instructions to add background color to each cell in the table on Word
- MathType - Download MathType here