How to Copy and Paste in Microsoft Word
Copying and pasting texts in Microsoft Word is very important because it saves you lot of time and energy when duplicating words a number of times. You can select and copy a word, or group of words, and then duplicate it by pasting the...
Part 1 of 2:
Opening a Microsoft Word Document
- Launch Microsoft Word. The Microsoft Word icon should be found on your desktop; just double-click on it to launch the program.
- If it's not on the desktop, find in the program files and click the program to launch.
- Open a Word document. Do this by clicking 'File' on the top-left corner of the screen and selecting 'Open.' An explorer window will appear where you can navigate your folders until you find the Word document you want to open.
- Once you've found the document, click on it to select, then click 'Open' on the bottom right side of the window.
Part 2 of 2:
Copying and Pasting
- Find the text you want to copy. Scroll through the document until you find the text you want to copy.
- Highlight the text. You can highlight a text by left-clicking then dragging your mouse pointer over the text that you want to copy.
- Copy the word(s). After highlighting, right-click then choose 'Copy' from the options that come up.
- Alternatively, you can press Ctrl + C on your keyboard or click the 'Copy' button in your Microsoft Word, which is located at the upper-left side of the Home tab, after highlighting the texts.
- Paste the word(s). Go to the part of your document where you want to place the text(s) that you've copied and then click on it. Right-click, and choose 'Paste' from the options that appear.
- As a shortcut, you can also press Ctrl + V on your keyboard, or click the 'Paste' button on the Home tab at the upper-left side of the screen.
- How to use Spike to copy and paste text blocks in Word
- How to copy and paste multiple highlight text at once in Word
- Copy and move text in MS Word with F2 key
- Fixing errors cannot Copy Paste in Windows
- MS Word - Lesson 4: Editing a Word document
- How to use Office Clipboard speeds up copying on Word
- How to Copy and Paste on a Mac
- How to extend Clipboard on Chrome with Multi Copy Paste