How to Open Mobi Files on iPhone or iPad
This wikiHow teaches you how to read MOBI-format ebooks using Kindle or MOBI Reader on an iPhone or iPad. E-mail the MOBI file to yourself. The Kindle app only displays MOBI books you purchased through the app. Downloading the file as an...
Method 1 of 2:
Using the Kindle App
- E-mail the MOBI file to yourself. The Kindle app only displays MOBI books you purchased through the app. Downloading the file as an email attachment makes it so you can open the file anyway. See Email Files to learn how to send the attachment.
- Open the Mail app on your iPhone or iPad. It's the blue and white envelope icon typically found at the bottom of the screen.
- If you use a different app for email, open that instead.
- Tap the message that contains the MOBI file. The contents of the message will appear.
- Tap . It's at the bottom of the message. A Kindle icon will replace the 'Tap to Download' text.
- Tap the Kindle icon. It's right in the area where the 'Tap to Download' button was. A menu will appear.
- Tap . You may have to swipe across the icons at the top of the menu to find this option. This will open the MOBI file in the Kindle app.
Method 2 of 2:
Using MOBI Reader
- Open the App Store
- Tap . It's at the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- Type mobi reader into the search bar. A list of results will appear.
- Tap on 'MOBI Reader.' It's the app with the blue icon that says 'MOBI' above an open book.
- Tap . MOBI Reader will now download to your iPhone or iPad.
- Open MOBI Reader. If you're still in the App Store, tap Open. Otherwise, tap the blue icon with 'MOBI' and an open book on the home screen.
- Navigate to the folder that contains the MOBI file. If you downloaded it from your web browser, it's likely in the Recently Downloaded folder.
- If the MOBI file is saved to a cloud service like Google Drive or Dropbox, you can add those services in MOBI Reader. Tap Edit at the top-right corner of the screen, select your cloud service, then follow the on-screen instructions to access the file.
- Tap the MOBI file. This opens the file for reading in the MOBI Reader app.
- If the MOBI file is in the cloud, it may take a few minutes to download before opening.
- How to add tags for files on iPhone, iPad
- How to Open a PPTX File on iPhone or iPad
- How to Put AVI Files on iPhone or iPad
- How to save Zip file to iPhone or iPad
- How to compress and decompress files on iPhone
- How to copy files and files from your computer to iPhone / iPad easily
- How to Manage iTunes Subscriptions on iPhone or iPad
- Open genuine iPad Air in Vietnam
- Applications that read Excel files on iPhone / iPad quality
- How to Add Gif on Telegram on iPhone or iPad