How to fix slow computer connection to the network on Windows 10
Slow and unstable computer connection to the network is one of the common problems that can cause many obstacles to working needs.
Slow and unstable computer connection to the network is one of the common problems that can cause many obstacles to your work and entertainment needs. Sometimes this problem can be related to the operating system on your device or the network signal receiving and transmitting device you are using. In the article below, TipsMake will summarize some simple and common ways to fix the error of laptop accessing the network very slowly.
Why is the computer's internet connection slow?
Here are some reasons why computers are slow on the internet:
- Your computer with a slow network connection may have been infected with an advertising virus when you opened your browser.
- Internal network and Internet connection is unstable.
- You are using a low internet package and cannot connect.
- Your computer or laptop with slow wifi connection has weak configuration.
How to fix slow computer connection to the network
There are many reasons why a computer's internet connection is unusually slow: due to the hardware device, the website you are accessing, etc. If your internet speed is unusually slow, apply the solutions below to fix it. .
Reset the computer, Modem, Router
Sometimes this problem can be caused by some software conflict on your computer, so you can try restarting your computer or turning it off and on again.
Or you can restart your modem and router so these devices work better, then reconnect to test.
Turn off automatic updates for Windows
To prevent Windows from automatically downloading updates, follow these steps:
- Step 1 : User right-clicks on the Windows icon .
- Step 2 : Select the Control Panel icon .
- Step 3 : On the Control Panel interface , select Administrative Tools .
- Step 4 : Next double-click the Services option to select open Services Menu .
- Step 5 : Scroll down under the Services Menu to find and double-click the Windows Update option .
- Step 6 : In the Windows Update Properties window , users select the Stop button in Service Status: Running .
From now on, Windows will no longer automatically download updates to your computer.
Enable Limit Reservable Bandwidth
The following are the steps to enable Limit Reservable Bandwidth, helping to fix very slow computer access to the network .
- Step 1: First, the user clicks Windows + R. Then, enter gpedit.msc and then click OK .
- Step 2 : The user performs the following operations one by one: Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Network > QoS Packet Scheduler > Limit reservable bandwidth .
- Step 3: Click Enable , set the Bandwidth limit value to 10 , click Apply > OK.
The following are the steps to perform DNS change, helping to fix slow laptop network connection.
- Step 1 : Right-click on the network icon on the computer, select Open Network and Internet Settings.
- Step 2 : In the new window that appears, select the Change adapter options option .
- Step 3 : Select the adapter you are using (if the wired network is named Ethernet or LAN, wifi is the Wi-fi name). Click to select Properties .
- Step 4 : Double-click Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) , select Use the following CNS server addresses and enter:
Preferred DNS server: 126.96.36.199
Alternate DNS server: 188.8.131.52
Turn Off Background Applications On Windows 10
Here are the steps to turn off Background Applications on Windows 10, helping to fix slow computer access that everyone should know.
- Step 1: Users click Start , then select Settings .
- Step 2: Now a new window will appear, select Privacy .
- Step 3 : On the left, select Background apps in the Let apps run in the background section . Users move the slider to the left ( Off ) to close applications running in the background.
Turn off some Windows Update options
To fix slow network , follow the steps below:
- Step 1: Users go to Settings . Select Update and Recovery .
- Step 2 : Select Advanced Options .
- Step 3 : Turn off the option Give me updates for other Microsoft Products. Also known as 'Provide me updates for other Microsoft products'.
- Step 4 : Scroll down and select Delivery Optimization . You can turn off Allow downloads from other PCs (allows computers on the same network to use updates downloaded on your computer).
- Step 5 : Go to Advanced options . You can limit the bandwidth used by Windows Update and background applications.
Install anti-virus software
Anti-virus software will help you protect your computer with modern features, minimizing risks when scanning and fixing system errors. In addition, the software manages all connections to and from your computer to the Internet, helping your computer access the network faster.
Check network connection speed
To be able to check your network connection speed yourself, follow the steps below to handle a slow computer connection :
- Step 1: Type cmd in the search box, click Run as administrator to open the Command Prompt with administrator privileges.
- Step 2: After the window opens, enter the command line ping google.com . The user then presses Enter
Parameters that users can check:
- TTL (Time To Live): If it is a Windows operating system, the maximum TTL is 128, for Linux and Unix operating systems, the maximum TTL is 64. The TTL decreases by 1 each time it passes through the router.
Some ways to fix weak network on your computer above from TipsMake will help you quickly fix the problem of slow network connection . Wishing all users success soon. If you feel that the information about your computer's slow internet connection is good and effective, please share it with everyone around you.
- How to arrange network connection on Windows 10
- How to fix slow or unstable Wi-Fi connection
- Speed up Internet connection by using CMD command on WindowsXP / 7/8 / 8.1
- Mobile data connection too slow? Try the following 7 network acceleration techniques
- How to Speed Up Slow Internet Connection
- This is how to reset network settings on Windows 10 with just one click
- How to turn off Internet Connection Sharing on Windows
- 7 things affect the speed of WiFi network
- 7 ways to work with slow network connection
- 5 things to do when ... lose the Internet