Trick to run Control Panel under Admin on Windows
Control Panel is one of the utilities that helps users access all settings and options available on the Windows operating system quickly.
Windows does not allow users to launch Control Panel under Admin. However, if you want, you can still open Control Panel on Windows 7, 8 and Windows 10 under Admin.
The easiest way is to create a Control Panel shortcut on the Desktop, then configure the Windows operating system to launch the shortcut under Admin.
Open Control Panel under Admin:
Right-click on the Desktop, then select New, then select Shortcut to open the Create Shortcut wizard.
On the Create Shortcut interface, in the Type the location of the item box, enter the path below:
Note: "C" can be replaced with the partition drive name where you installed Windows.
Then click Next.
Enter a name for the shortcut you just created. You can name it Admin Control Panel to make it easier to remember.
Finally click Finish to create the Control Panel shortcut on the desktop.
Right-click the shortcut you just created and select Run as administrator to open the Control Panel under Admin.
Also, if you want to open the Control Panel under Admin by double-clicking the shortcut, you follow the steps below to configure the shortcut that always starts under Admin.
Right-click the Control Panel shortcut on the desktop and click Properties to open the Properties dialog box.
On the Properties dialog window, switch to the Shortcut tab and then click Advanced to open the Advanced Properties dialog box.
Finally, select the option Run as administrator, click OK then click Apply .
You can now double-click the Control Panel shortcut on the Desktop to launch the Control Panel under Admin.
- How to open Control Panel on Windows 10, 8.1, 7
- Control Panel will soon disappear on Windows 10
- How to add Services to Control Panel in Windows 7, 8 and 10
- How to add or remove Control Panel from Navigation Pane on Windows 7
- Change the default Control Panel view to a Windows computer
- How to access Control Panel on Windows 10, how to access Control Panel on Windows 10
- Learn Control Panel in Win. XP
- How to Open Control Panel in Windows 8