3 ways to remove a Windows 10 computer from a domain that no longer exists
How to delete a computer from a domain that no longer exists, or unjoin and join the domain without having to reset the user profile? In this guide, TipsMake will show you 3 methods to remove a Windows 10 computer from a domain.
Note : Before starting, you need to log into Windows 10 with a local admin account instead of domain account.
Method 1: Remove the Windows 10 computer from the domain with PassFab 4Winkey
PassFab 4Winkey is the best and professional software to help you get out of domain without any password. If you don't have access to log in to Windows Server as a domain administrator, or if you've forgotten your domain administrator password or your account is locked. PassFab 4WinKey definitely works.
1. Download 4Winkey on you're the other computer. Insert USB/ CD/DVD into your computer.
2. Insert the USB/CD/DVD into your locked computer > restart the locked computer > press [F12] quickly to open the Boot menu > select the bootable disk you have insert > exist BIOS > restart your computer. >Choose the type of account you want to operate.
3. Successfully! The domain password will be delete and you can remove the computer from the domain.
Method 2: Remove the Windows 10 computer from the domain with System Properties
1. Press the
Ron the keyboard, then type sysdm.cpl in the Run box and press
2. When the System Properties window opens, click the Change button at the bottom of the Computer Name tab .
Click the Change button at the bottom of the Computer Name tab
3. Select Workgroup , enter the name of the workgroup you want to become a member after canceling the domain. Click OK.
4. Click OK when prompted.
You will be required to restart the computer so the changes can be applied.
Method 3: Remove the Windows 10 computer from the domain with the Settings app
1. Open the Settings app and navigate to Accounts> Access work or school . On the right, click the icon labeled Connected to (your domain) AD domain , and then click Disconnect.
Click the icon labeled Connected to (your domain) AD domain, and then click Disconnect
2. Click Yes to confirm.
3. When the Disconnect from the organization prompt appears, click Disconnect.
When the Disconnect from the organization prompt appears, click Disconnect
4. After restarting, Windows 10 computer will be canceled joining Active Directory domain.
Method 4: Remove Windows 10 computers from the domain with PowerShell
1. Open Windows PowerShell as an administrator, enter the following command to unjoin the domain.
Remove-Computer -UnjoinDomaincredential Domain_NameAdministrator -PassThru -Verbose -Restart -Force
Enter the admin domain password when prompted and click OK.
2. You will see a warning: After you leave the domain you will need to know the password of the local administrator account to log onto this computer. ( After you leave the domain, you will need to know the local admin account password to log in to this computer .) Type
Y to continue.
3. Restart the computer to complete this cancellation process.
- What is Windows TAP? Ways to remove it
- Instructions for joining the domain on Windows 8.1 (Part 1)
- Turn on / off concurrent connections to both Non-domain network and Domain on Windows 10
- Learn about .io domain names
- Fix the problem when removing Windows Server 2008 Server Core from the domain
- Fix Windows error that cannot connect to domain
- Instructions for joining the domain on Windows 8.1 (Part 2)
- How to Join a Computer to a Domain