Fix red screen error when updating patch on Windows 7
After updating the KB3133977 patch for Windows 7 operating system to computers that turned on Autoupdate, some machines could not start Windows and a red screen appeared.
Microsoft 's KB3133977 Windows 7 patch has caused a serious error when automatically updating with machines that turn on Auto Update mode. The red screen appears with the Secure Boot Violation error message and the user cannot start Windows anymore.
This error occurs because of a conflict between the patch and the computer using the mainboard Asus manufactured in 2014. Since the motherboard of Asus has enabled Secure Boot feature against hackers, but the new update of Windows 7 Does not include Secure Boot support. To fix this, you can upgrade your computer to Windows 10 or follow the steps below:
Go to UEFI BIOS by clicking Delete when you start your computer and select Advanced Mode> Boot> Secure Boot .
Next, select the OS Type item and replace the default Windows UEFI mode to Other OS .
Click OK or F10 to save the new settings for the computer and restart the computer.
Finally, go to UEFI BIOS by pressing Delete at startup and accessing under Advanced Menu> Boot> Secure Boot . Note, if you have already reviewed the Platform Key State line, have switched to Unloaded .
Finally, we just need to restart the computer to get into Windows.
Refer to the following articles:
- How to fix the screen error of Windows 7/8 / 8.1 / 10 is black
- 6 ways to fix when laptop does not start
- Restore Windows computer with System Restore
I wish you all success!
- Fix black screen error after updating Windows 10 1809
- Instructions on how to fix blue screen error, cannot start when installing Microsoft patches
- How to fix blue screen error 0x7B INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE after updating on Windows 10
- Microsoft's patch of Meltdown and Specter makes Windows Phone unstable, causing a blue screen error on the PC
- The Mac error displays a blank screen, this is how to fix it
- Updating Windows 10 in the future will help the machine run faster by patching Specter
- How to fix 'dead screen black' error
- Microsoft released emergency patch updates for Windows 10