Page numbering in Word
Word numbering in Word 2019 is similar to that when you page numbers in Word 2010 or Word 2007 and below.
For reference documents, theses, manuals, or textbooks, inserting page numbers is a basic operation and is required for others to follow easily, if printing Word documents. Inserting page numbers in Word has many different styles, depending on the purpose and requirements that users need to make. In general, page numbering in Word 2019 or other versions of Word is similar in how to do it. The following article will guide page numbering in Word 2019.
- How to type page numbers in 1/2 in Excel
- How to number a PDF page
- How to number an Excel page from any number
- Microsoft Word: How to create page headers (Headers) and footers (Footer)
1. Type pages quickly in Word 2019
At Word 2019 interface, click on Insert and look down the tool options below, click on Page Number .
Then we have the form of page numbering according to different positions:
- Top of Page: Number the page at the top of the page.
- Bottom Page: Number the page at the bottom of the page.
- Page Margins: Number the page in the left or right margin of the page
- Current Position: Numbering the page at the position where the mouse cursor is positioned.
When choosing a page numbering position, users will have more options to insert the exact position for the page number, such as choosing the page number at the end, there is the option of inserting on the left, center or right.
As a result, we get the page number for Word as shown. The default page number style in Word is numeric format.
If you want to change the page order style in Word , users click on Page Number and select Format Page Numbers .
Now display the interface to adjust the page number in Word. In the Number Format section, we choose the type of page order we want to use.
To insert page numbers on other versions of Word, read the following articles.
- Page numbering in Word 2007
- Page numbering in Word 2010
- Complete Word 2016 Tutorial (Part 15): Page numbering
- Add page numbers in Word 2013, insert page numbers automatically
2. How to insert a Word page from any number
Inserting page numbers in Word usually starts from 1 for the default by default, but in reality, there will be cases where you have a different number from the first page,
We click on the first page in Word and click on Page Number and select Format Page Number .
Display the new interface, in the Format Page Number section we select Start at and then enter the page number will begin . Click Ok to save.
Then we choose the position to display the page number in Word.
The first page results are numbered differently than non-1 by default on Word.
3. How to insert Word page numbers from any page
For documents that have more pages of directories, descriptions, etc., many people can skip those pages and number them starting from the content page.
We proceed to break the pages in Word into different sections. For each section, users may have different page numbers. First, put your cursor at the top of the page you want to start page numbering .
Then click on Layout and then on Breaks , select Next Page .
The resulting document has been split into 2 different sections as shown below. We will begin page numbering from section 2.
Next, you will set the number of pages in each section, starting with the number you set. Click Insert> Page Number> Format Page Numbers .
Displays the interface to set the page number. In the Number format box, the user selects Start at as 1 or any number you want to type from the beginning of the sections. Click OK.
Now go to Insert> Page Number and select the location and page numbering style . The page number is still in the correct order from the first page.
We click next to the Design section and then uncheck Link to Previous to disconnect between the 2 sections.
Once we have broken the link between the 2 sections, we will delete the page numbers in section 1 to start page numbering from section 2. Place the cursor on the page numbers of Section 1 and press Delete to delete them.
The result we saw is that the first page in section 2 is numbered as 1, or whatever you have chosen.
If you want to insert page numbers in Word on any page or other page numbering styles by other versions, read the article below.
- Page numbering in Word 2007 from any page
- Symmetric page numbering in Word
- Number of pages combine i ii iii and 1, 2, 3 in Word
Above is a tutorial on inserting page numbers in Word 2019, with different common cases of inserting page numbers. To delete the number of inserted Word pages, just click on any page number and click delete.
I wish you successful implementation!
- Number pages in Word 2003, insert special characters, date and time into Word
- How to number pages on Word 2013
- How to number page combination i ii iii and 1, 2, 3 on Word
- Word 2013 Complete Guide (Part 14): Page title, footer and page numbering
- How to number pages from any page on Word 2007,2010,2013
- Page numbering in Word 2016
- How to type page numbers in Word 2016
- Any page numbering in Word