How to import Bookmarks from Chrome to Firefox?
Browsers are the medium through which the internet is accessed. Many popular browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, and others claim themselves to be the best.
All the above reasons might force a few users to switch from Chrome to some other browser. Currently, the best alternative to Chrome is the Firefox web browser. Firefox from Mozilla is one of the best privacy focused browsers on the web.
Switching from a particular web browser to another one is not a big task. You can quickly get used to it since there is not much difference in the basic functionalities. However, the problem is that your personal preferences like bookmarks, history, and others are left behind in the old browser. Fortunately, there is a straightforward solution to transfer Chrome Bookmarks to Firefox comfortably.
In this How to?guide, we would discuss how to import bookmarks from Chrome to Edge.
How to Import Bookmarks from Chrome to Firefox?
There are two methods to import bookmarks from Chrome to Firefox. We would discuss both of them one by one.
Method 1: Import Bookmarks from Chrome to Firefox using Firefox Import Wizard
This is the direct and quite an easy method to import bookmarks from not just Google Chrome but from any browser to Firefox. Here are the steps for that.
1. Launch Mozilla Firefox
2. At the top-right, click on the Library
3. Next, click on Bookmarks.
4. Choose Show all Bookmarks
5. In the next window, click on Import and Backup and select Import data from another browser.
6. Choose the Chrome browser and click Next.
7. Select your preferred profile
8. Click on the items you like to import: Cookies, Browsing History, Saved Logins and Passwords, Bookmarks.
9. On clicking Next, the import process would begin, and the following message would be displayed after the completion.
That's it. All your preferences from Chrome, including Bookmarks, would be imported into Firefox.
Method 2: Import Bookmarks from Chrome to Firefox Manually
In this method, we would export the Chrome's bookmark in the HTML form and then import it in the Firefox.
1. Open Google Chrome
2. Click on the three-dots at the top-right corner, hover over Bookmarks, and select Bookmark manager.
3. The Book Manager page would be open. On the page, click on the three dots icon and select Export bookmarks.
4. Choose the folder where you want to save the HTML file and name the file html.
5. Now launch Mozilla Firefox.
6. At the top-right, click on the Library
7. Next, click on Bookmarks.
8. Choose Show all Bookmarks
9. In the next window, click on Import and Backup and select Import Bookmarks from HTML.
10. Choose the HTML file that you have saved to import.
This will import the Chrome bookmarks to Firefox from the HTML file.
The second method of this guide is not specifically for shifting Chrome's bookmarks to Firefox. You can use it to transfer bookmarks from any browser to any other browser, for example, while importing Chrome Bookmarks to Microsoft Edge. Switching to Mozilla Firefox from Google Chrome was always easy, but with browsers providing direct ways to import the Bookmarks and other preferences, it has become more comfortable.
- Instructions to transfer Bookmarks from Firefox to Chrome
- Instructions for recovering bookmarks have been deleted on Chrome and Firefox
- How to sync bookmarks between Chrome and Firefox?
- How to transfer bookmarks from Google Chrome to Coc Coc
- Import Bookmarks from another browser into Microsoft Edge
- How to create bookmarks on Chrome, Coc Coc and Firefox browsers
- Useful tips for organizing bookmarks in the browser
- 4 reasons Firefox 'broke away' Chrome on Android smartphones
- How to backup and restore bookmarks on Chrome, Coc Coc, Edge, Firefox
- How to find and delete broken bookmarks in Firefox