How to enable / disable clipboard sharing with Windows Sandbox on Windows 10
Windows Sandbox provides a lightweight desktop environment for running applications securely. Software installed inside the Windows Sandbox environment remains in a "sandbox" state and runs separately from the server.
The sandbox is only temporary. When it closes, all software, files, and status are deleted. You get a whole new version of the sandbox every time you open the app.
Clipboard sharing feature with Sandbox
Starting with Windows 10 build 20161, a new group policy setting has been added to enable or disable sharing of clipboard with Sandbox.
If you enable or do not configure this policy setting, then copying and pasting between the host and the Windows Sandbox will be allowed.
If you disable this policy setting, copying and pasting to and from the Sandbox will be restricted.
This guide will show you how to enable or disable clipboard sharing with Windows Sandbox for copying and pasting between Windows 10 host and Windows Sandbox for all users.
- You must be logged in as an admin to enable or disable clipboard sharing with Windows Sandbox.
- Windows Sandbox is only available for Windows 10 Pro and Windows Enterprise build 18305 or higher editions.
Enable / disable sharing clipboard with Windows Sandbox in Local Group Policy Editor
Step 1. Open Local Group Policy Editor.
Step 2. Navigate to the key below on the left side of Local Group Policy Editor .
Computer ConfigurationAdministrative TemplatesWindows ComponentsWindows Sandbox
Step 3. On the right side of Windows Sandbox in Local Group Policy Editor , double-click on Allow clipboard sharing with Windows Sandbox policy to edit it.
Step 4. Do step 5 (on) or step 6 (off) below, depending on what you want to do.
Step 5. To enable clipboard sharing with Windows Sandbox, select Enabled or Not Configured , click OK and go to step 7 below.
Not Configured is the default setting.
Step 6. To disable sharing clipboard with Windows Sandbox, select Disabled , click OK and go to step 7 below.
Step 7. Close Local Group Policy Editor.
Good luck !
- What is Windows Sandbox? How to use Windows Sandbox to run the application
- How to enable sandbox feature on Windows Defender
- How to configure Windows Sandbox on Windows 10
- How to turn on / off Windows Sandbox on Windows 10
- How to delete the clipboard on Windows 10
- What is a sandbox and how does it sandbox a program?
- What is a sandbox? The best Sandbox software
- 7 best Sandbox apps for Windows 10