[Instructions] - Fix error VCRUNTIME140.dll is Missing
When running a program and you encounter the error VCRUNTIME140.dll is Missing, this article will guide you how to fix it quickly and most effectively.
When you want to run an application or program and the error 'The program can't start because VCRUNTIME140.dll is missing from your computer' appears , your computer is not receiving the VCRUNTIME140.dll file to run the program. This. Below, TipsMake will guide you through 8 fastest and most effective ways to fix this error.
What is the error 'VCRUNTIME140.dll is Missing'?
'VCRUNTIME140.dll is Missing' is an error that occurs on Windows computers informing you that your computer does not have the VCRUNTIME140.dll file to run this program. Usually, this error appears when you have just updated Windows or failed to install a program.
DLL is a Dynamic Link Library file - it acts as an executable file but is only run when the software using it needs it. Therefore, when a file is damaged or missing, users will encounter this error, leading to unsuccessful opening of the program or application.
8 ways to fix VCRUNTIME140.dll is Missing error in Windows
Try the simplest way to reset Windows. Sometimes, it really works.
- Go to Settings app
- Select Update & Security and go to Recovery
- At the top, in the Reset this PC section , click Get Started
Run the debugging tool
Corrupt DLL files can be the result of repeatedly installing or reinstalling a program. Some files are overwritten multiple times leading to corruption. This causes an error because it is possible that the running program needs the old version of the DLL but it is overwritten with the newer version.
Tool Mac Washing Machine X9 can replace missing or damaged DLL files with new files, updating that data to fix errors.
Re-register the DLL file
The Regsvr32 command in Command Prompt (Admin) can help you fix the error:
- Enter cmd or Command Prompt in the Search box
- Right-click on the search result and run Run as Administrator
- To unregister the file, enter the following command and press Enter
regsvr32 /u VCRUNTIME140.dll
- To re-register the file, enter the command and press Enter
Reinstall the latest Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015
IT experts recommend that you reinstall Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 to fix the missing file error. It is important to follow Microsoft's official instructions and install missing files properly.
Although you can find various sources to download this software, we strongly recommend you to download it from Microsoft's official website. Here's what you need to do:
- Download Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable from Microsoft website. Click the download button.
- You will be taken to a page asking you to select the download version. There will be 2 files appearing: v c_redist.x64.exe and vc_redist.x86.exe . If you are using 32-bit Windows, you only need to install the x86 file. If you are running 64-bit Windows, you should install both.
- Open the file, read the terms and select Install .
- This will solve the problem you are having.
Edit Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable
- Right-click on the Windows start menu icon and select Control Panel
- Open Programs & Features or Add/Remove Programs
- Find Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable) (x64) – [version number] and click Change
- When Uninstaller appears, do not select it but select Repair .
- Finally, reboot the system.
Run System File Checker
Run System File Checker to see if the system contains corrupted/outdated files.
- Use windows search to find Command Prompt .
- Right click on it and select Run as administrator .
- Then, type the command sfc /scannow . Press Enter to execute it.
* ATTENTION : You may see many offers to install dll files. Don't rush to download! Hackers can use it to insert malicious programs in dll files. You should check carefully.
Reinstall the program
Try to remove the program that is having the error from Control Panel and then download the latest version from the official website or reputable sources.
Install Windows Updates
- Open the Settings app and go to Update & Security .
- Select Check for Updates and wait for the process to complete
- Install the latest version to fix possible operating system errors.
Above are the 8 fastest and most effective ways to fix VCRUNTIME140.dll is missing error on Windows that Huy Khang Pc compiled. Apply and you will never see this error again. If there are any problems during the error correction process, please comment below the article so we can help you.
- How to fix 'NTLDR is Missing' error in Windows XP
- Fix BOOTMGR error is missing when starting Windows
- How to fix MSVCP140.dll error is missing
- How to fix Winload.efi is missing on Windows
- Steps to fix MSVCR110.dll missing from your computer
- How to fix 'The program can't start because api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer'
- How to fix the error did not find or missing the file Xinput1_3.dll
- How to fix api-ms-win-core-libraryloader-l1-1-1.dll is missing
- How to fix missing USB printer port on Windows 10
- 4 ways to fix MSVCP140.dll error is missing on Windows computers