2 extremely easy ways to install Windows 10 for Macbook
MacOS is a very special Mac computer operating system created and developed by Apple. It has many outstanding advantages but at the same time many disadvantages.
MacOS is a very special Mac computer operating system created and developed by Apple. It has many outstanding advantages but at the same time many disadvantages. The solution that many people choose is to install Win 10 for their Macbook. If you are like them and also want instructions to install Win 10 for Mac in 2 different ways, please refer and follow the steps in the following TipsMake article.
Ways to install Windows for Macbook
For Apple products running the MacOS operating system such as MacBook, iMac or Mac Mini, there are basically 2 ways to install Win on Mac Air / Pro, specifically as follows:
- Method 1: Use Windows as the default operating system Parallel operating system of Mac OS (commonly known as dual boot). To install Windows on MacBook this way, you need to use a platform called Bootcamp, developed and provided by Apple. Therefore, the term installing Windows through Bootcamp also appeared.
- Method 2: Install Windows 10 for MacBook Air - Pro via virtual machine. This method uses the Windows operating system within Mac OS as a regular software (also known as 'mother holding baby'). The Windows operating system only starts when you open the virtual machine application and start the virtual machine.
Why must install Windows for MacBook?
MacOS operating system is an operating system exclusively for Apple, with outstanding interface and functions, easy to use, optimized software, however there are also software that cannot run on MacOS operating system.
Most computer users are getting acquainted with Windows operating system (a more popular operating system) for the first time, so switching from Windows to Mac operating system will be a little more difficult.
Therefore, to meet the needs of users who need to learn how to install Windows 10 on MacBook with MacOS, there are some software that support quick installation of Windows, which are:
Bootcamp (or is that the Real Machine).
Parallels Desktop (or Virtual Machine).
Advantages and disadvantages of installing Win 10 for Macbook
Installing Windows 10 for Macbook actually has both advantages and disadvantages. First, let's look at the benefits of installing Windows on a Macbook.
Advantages of installing Windows 10 on Macbook
Most computer users are familiar with the Windows operating system, so using MacOS for Mac will encounter many difficulties. Using Windows will also support users more in work, study and entertainment, because there are many applications that macOS does not yet support installation such as Revit, Corel software,.
In addition, you don't have to worry about the performance of the Macbook when running Windows, because the performance of the Macbook running Windows is actually very good, comparable to pure Windows laptops with the same configuration. That's why many users rate the Macbook as 'the smoothest Windows computer'.
With two Macbook lines, Macbook Pro and Macbook Air, you can comfortably install Windows 10 for your Macbook . In addition, according to many users, Macbooks running Windows 10 are also very suitable, both beautiful and functional. In short, a Mac running Windows is no different from a laptop running Windows, so you don't need to worry too much about performance after installing Windows 10 for your macbook .
Disadvantages of installing windows 10 on macbook
Macbooks running Windows will run hotter than when running macOS, and the fans spin very fast to cool the machine (unlike machines running macOS, where we rarely see fans spinning that fast). Although the 2016 Macbook Pro lines have slightly improved when using Windows in Bootcamp form, they are still basically hotter.
Therefore, if you install Windows 10 on your macbook and use it that way for a long time, your computer will be at risk of rapidly reducing the life of its components.
Running Windows on a Macbook will drain the battery faster and battery life will also be significantly reduced.
Part of the reason the battery drains faster is because the aforementioned cooling fan works harder, but it could also be because the operating system is not optimized for the hardware, forcing the CPU to work harder.
Installing Windows 10 on a Macbook will cause some special functions to not work on Windows such as Touch ID (Windows will not support).
What to prepare before installing Windows on MacBook?
Before installing Windows 10 for Macbook , you need to do the following steps:
- USB flash drive 8GB or larger formatted as MS-DOS (FAT) or FAT32.
- MacBook devices have 64GB or more of memory.
- Your MacBook device has been previously backed up to prevent data loss if something goes wrong during the installation process.
How to install Windows for Macbook using Bootcamp
Many MacBook users are new to the macOS operating system and want to use the Windows operating system, but have no intention of switching to another laptop. Here is how to install Windows 10 on Mac using Bootcamp that many people need.
What is bootcamp?
Boot Camp is a platform provided by Apple that allows users to install Windows operating system on MacBook and run it in parallel with MacOS. When using Boot Camp, you can easily switch back and forth between the two operating systems.
Which Macs can install Windows through Boot Camp?
Currently, all MacBook, iMac and Mac mini lines running Intel chips can install Windows through Boot Camp. In particular, the cable of the MacBook M1 will not be able to be installed because Bootcamp does not support the ARM architecture.
Start installing Windows 10 with Bootcamp
To be able to install Windows 10 for Macbook Air using Bootcamp, users must complete the following steps in the correct order:
- Step 1 : Users click on Spotlight Search (Command + Space) or go to Applications to search for the Bootcamp application and start it.
Case 1 : For MAC devices from 2015 and below, this will appear:
- Step 2 : Click Continue , 2 cases occur:
- The user plugs in the USB and ticks all the options, then click Continue .
- In the ISO Image section , press the Select button and point to the Win ISO file you downloaded to your computer. On the target disk side, select the USB on which you want to save the installer and drivers. The user chooses to click Continue .
- Wait for the machine to create the installer and download the BootCamp driver on the Apple homepage.
- Divide partitions for Mac and Windows according to the capacity you want. Then click install and the device will automatically repartition the hard drive and boot into the Windows 10 installer for macbook .
Case 2 : From Mac 2015 or later, no USB is needed. Click continue in step 1. Partition Mac and Windows according to the capacity you want. Then click install, the device will automatically repartition the hard disk and boot into the Windows 10 for Mac installer .
Note : You will need to balance the amount of space you will use on the Win side, because if not, you will have to reinstall Windows to repartition.
- Step 3 : When you click install, the computer will automatically boot into Windows and install Windows as usual. The Windows installation section will appear when you install Windows.
- Step 4 : After the computer enters Windows. Here you will select Next . The next step is to choose the version of Windows to install.
- Step 5 : When it comes to connecting to the network, you should select I don't have internet to avoid having to log in to a Microsoft account. Next, users will have to select Continue with limited setup .
- Step 6 : Users just need to select I don't have a product key . Next, you just need to enter your username and password.
- Step 7 : After logging in, the laptop user lets the computer update Driver Bootcamp. This step is very important, please be careful. Here you just need to click Next and the machine will run automatically. Please reboot after finishing running.
- Step 8 : After the computer restarts. Please connect to WiFi and update Apple software.
Here, you update once, then reboot and continue checking for updates until the device says it's okay.
How to install Windows for Macbook using Parallels
If you want to try the latest version of Windows on your Mac computer, this article will help you. This step-by-step guide will help you learn how to install Windows for Mac using Parallels. This is one of the best virtual machine software for Mac if you want to try it out on Windows for a few days.
What are Parallels?
Parallels is virtualization software. Installing Windows on MacBook via Parallels is a virtual Windows that runs in parallel with the MacOS operating system. We can switch between Win and Mac simply and quickly without restarting the computer. Recommended for good support for Mac.
Prepare to install Windows for Macbook using Parallels
To prepare for installing Windows for Macbook using Parallels, users need to prepare:
- Windows 10 iso file.
- Quick download link for onedrive Parallels Desktop 16 & 17 (best without password to decompress).
- Turn off GateKeeper.
Start installing Windows 10 using Parallels Desktop
Here are the steps to start installing Windows 10 for Macbook using Parallels Desktop:
- Step 1 : After you have downloaded Parallels 17. You have to go to Finder to press download and double click on the Parallels Desktop 17 file .
- Step 2 : After turning on the device, a message like this will appear, press X (red symbol) to turn it off and select No, use the current .
- Step 3 : Continue to accept and enter the device password to install.
- Step 4 : Next, you will select the Windows 10 iso file that you downloaded earlier. Click Next .
- Step 5 : In this step you can uncheck Enter Windows license key for faster installation and then select the OS version to install.
- Step 6 : Choose a location for the virtual machine and name the virtual machine Location and Customize settings before installation so you can configure the virtual machine before installing Windows 10 for macbook . Continue pressing continue .
- Step 7 : The Windows – Hardware window appears. Users customize CPU cores, memory capacity, and hard drive to meet Windows usage needs. After adjusting, close the window.
- Step 8 : After completing step 7, the computer will automatically perform the Windows installation steps. Once installed, it will boot into the interface.
How to switch between two operating systems?
To switch between the two operating systems, hold down the Option key while the MacBook boots, wait for the machine to display two partitions Macintosh HD and Boot Camp , then select the desired operating system: Macintosh HD (if you want to use macOS ) or Boot Camp (if you want to use Windows).
How to remove Windows operating system from Macbook
To remove Windows from your Mac, users visit Bootcamp on macOS. Then, select the Windows partition. And finally click Restore .
In the above article, TipsMake has fully compiled Instructions for installing Win 10 for Macbook in 2 different ways, the latest version. Hope this helps you successfully install and use your MacBook.
- 8 ways to take screenshots of MacBook Air M1 2020
- How to install Windows 10 on the MacBook Pro (2016 and newer versions)?
- How to install Windows 11 on Macbook with Parallels Desktop 18
- Summary of ways to restart MacBook Air
- Instructions 3 how to install Windows 7 on Netbook
- 4 Extremely useful MacBook security tips, did you know?
- Install Windows 10 with a super fast USB in just a few simple steps
- Instructions on how to install Windows 7, install Windows 7 with USB from A to Z extremely simple
- Compare MacBook, MacBook Pro and MacBook Air
- 5 useful settings for 2013 Macbook Air users