8 simplest ways to lock Windows 10 computer screen
Let's learn 8 simple and quick ways to lock the Windows 10 computer screen to help you secure all information on your personal laptop.
Locking your computer screen helps you secure all information, data,. in your personal laptop. In this article, TipsMake will share with you 8 simple, quick and easy ways to lock your laptop screen.
How to lock the computer screen with keyboard shortcuts
Locking the computer screen with a keyboard shortcut is the simplest way and anyone can use it on any computer model. To be able to lock the computer screen with a keyboard shortcut, you can use one of the two simple key combinations below:
Method 1: Press the Windows + L key combination on the keyboard, the computer screen will immediately be locked.
Method 2: Press the key combination Ctrl + Alt + Delete, then select Look. Immediately the computer screen will be locked.
How to lock the computer screen using the Start Menu
To lock the laptop screen using the tool from the Start Menu, click on the Windows window icon located in the left corner of the Taskbar, click on the account name on your computer, then click Lock to lock.
How to lock the computer screen using Command Prompt
To lock your computer screen using Command Prompt, follow the simple steps below:
- Step 1: Click on the Windows window icon located in the lower left corner and enter the keyword cmd to open the Command Prompt working window .
- Step 2: After the new window appears on the screen , in the Command Prompt panel, enter the command Rundll32.exe user32.dll,LockWorkStation .
- Step 3: Press Enter on the keyboard and wait a few seconds, then your PC or laptop screen will be locked.
Use desktop shortcut to lock the computer screen
Locking the computer screen using Shortcut on the desktop is done with the following 3 steps:
- Step 1: Right-click anywhere on the desktop to open the options, click New to open the sub-items inside, click Shortcut.
- Step 2: A new window opens on the screen. In this Create Shortcut window , enter the command Rundll32.exe user32.dll,LockWorkStation , click Next.
- Step 3: You name the folder, maybe the Lock Screen folder , click Finish to finish the process and the computer screen will be locked.
How to lock the computer screen via Screen Saver
With this method of locking the screen, the operation will vary depending on the operating system your computer is using. Specifically, with Windows 7 and Windows 10 operating systems, there will be the following operations:
Windows 7 computer
Step 1: Right-click anywhere on the desktop to open options, click Personalize .
Step 2: A new window appears on the screen and you select Screen Saver.
Step 3: In the Wait dialog box , customize the computer screen lock time accordingly.
Step 4: Mark the tick to select the On resume , display logon screen position .
Step 5: Press Enter to finish the process and the screen will lock successfully.
Windows 10 computer
Step 1: Click on the Windows window icon located in the lower left corner of the screen, access Settings.
Step 2: In the new Settings window that appears, select Personalization.
Step 3: Continue to select Lock screen in the new window, then select Screen saver settings .
Step 4: Check the On resume box, display logon screen as shown, finally click OK .
Lock screen automatically on Windows 10
How to automatically lock the computer screen on Windows 10 is done in 3 steps as follows:
- Step 1: First, press the Windows + R key combination simultaneously to open the Run dialog box on the screen.
- Step 2: In the command input box, type the command control desk.cpl,,@screensaver as shown below, then click OK .
- Step 3: Click the green tick in the On resume, display logon screen box , and finally click OK to complete the process.
Lock the computer screen in Windows 8/8.1 system settings
With this way to lock your computer screen, your device will be locked for a certain period of time without requiring a password. Specifically, there are 3 steps as follows:
- Step 1: Open the search engine by clicking the Windows window icon located in the lower left corner of the screen, type the keyword System into the search bar, click on Settings .
- Step 2: In the new Settings window that appears on the screen, click Lock the computer when I leave it alone for a period of time .
- Step 3: In the Screen saver section , select the screen saver according to your needs, finally click OK to complete the setup process.
Use Smart PC Locker Pro software to lock the laptop screen
Step 1: To be able to use this method, you must first download and install Smart PC Locker Pro software to your computer. Software download link here: https://smart-pc-locker-pro.en.softonic.com/.
Step 2: After downloading the software to your computer and activating it, enter the password in the password field and then save it by clicking Save.
Step 3: From the main interface, set up optional interfaces according to the following instructions:
- If you select Start with Windows and lock system on the Startup tab , when you start the computer, the screen will be locked.
- Click the Security tab to install advanced security settings.
- To set up screen shortcuts for your computer, select the Hotkeys tab.
- If you only want to lock the screen for a certain time, or other requirements when locking the computer screen , click on the Inactivity tab to customize.
- The Language tab allows you to customize the language of the software.
Step 4: After completing the settings, tick Lock PC and the computer screen will be locked.
At this time, if you want to end the screen lock process and continue using it again, you must enter the password that was set in step 2.
Above are 8 extremely simple and quick ways to lock your computer screen that you can apply. If you have any questions related to computer screen lock, please contact TipsMake for quick support.
- How to change screen lock timeout in Windows 10
- 3 ways to lock your computer Windows 10 very fast
- 4 ways to lock Windows 10 computers super fast
- How to automatically lock the computer screen Windows 10, Windows 7
- Some applications help customize the Windows Phone 8 lock screen
- How to turn on the search box on the lock screen on Windows 10
- How to delete old photos from Windows 10 lock screen history
- Customize and add apps to the lock screen of Windows 10
- How to change the lock screen on Windows 7
- 14 best Android screen lock apps for your creativity