Turn off Win 10 password when logging in on the computer
Reasons to turn off Windows 10 password? Instructions on how to turn off Windows 10 password quickly with simple and easy-to-follow operations. Click to see now!
Password protection is a computer security feature. But for some reason, you don't want to lock the screen anymore. Below, TipsMake will guide you how to turn off Windows 10 password!
Reasons to turn off Windows 10 password
Sometimes, users do not need data security so they want to skip these time-consuming operations to be able to use a faster and more compact computer.
The reasons you should turn off Windows 10 password are:
- No need to wait while opening the password.
- Avoid forgetting your Windows password, leading to not being able to turn on your computer or laptop.
However, if you have important information or data stored on your computer, you should still keep the password layer as it avoids the risk of your information and data being stolen.
In Windows 10, there are 2 types of passwords: the Microsoft account password and the local account password when installing the operating system.
Some common words in instructions on how to remove Windows 10 computer password:
- User: User-created account name (must not be the same as the account name you are using).
- Password: Password chosen by the user.
- Confirm password: Confirm the password by re-entering the password you chose.
How to disable Windows 10 computer password with netplwiz command
Here are instructions on how to remove Windows 10 computer password using the netplwiz command:
- Step 1: Press Windows + R to open the Run command window . In the Run Command window, enter the netplwiz command and press Enter .
- Step 2: The user account settings configuration screen appears.
Here you select the user account for which you want to disable passwordless login. Next, uncheck the Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer box .
- Step 3: After unchecking the option, click Apply . A new window will appear on the screen, enter the password here and click OK to confirm.
If the user account you want to adjust doesn't appear in the list, click All to add the user account you want to set up to the list. This allows you to create a local account and automatically configure it.
How to turn off login password on Windows 10
If you're using a Microsoft account, you can also remove your login password, but before that you'll need to switch to a local account.
Note: Removing Windows 10 password from account makes the device vulnerable to local and remote unauthorized access.
Remove password for Microsoft account
To switch to local account and disable Windows 10 password , follow these steps:
- Step 1: Press the Windows + I key combination to open Settings and click on Accounts .
- Step 2: In the Your info section , click Sign in with a local account instead .
- Step 3: When the login window appears, enter the current user's password and select Next .
- Step 4: Create a username for the account, skip entering the password and select Next .
- Step 5: Click the Sign out and finish button to complete the process of turning off the computer password.
After completing these steps of deactivating Windows 10 password , your device will no longer be connected to your Microsoft account. At this point, the computer will automatically log in every time you start the system.
Remove password for local account
To remove your Windows 10 password, follow these steps:
- Step 1: Press Windows + I to open Settings then select Account .
- Step 2: Click the Sign-in options tab and select Change in the Password section .
- Step 3: Enter your current password in the current password field , then select Next .
- Step 4: Leave all boxes blank, select Next > Finish to complete.
After completing these steps, you will no longer need a password to access your Windows 10 computer. Additionally, you can also remove local account password in Windows 10 through Control Panel .
TipsMake has just shared with you how to turn off the computer password when starting Windows 10. If you have difficulties or problems about how to turn off the Windows 10 password , please ask questions in the comment section below, our technical team TipsMake will get back to you. Wishing readers to successfully perform the above steps to delete Win 10 password soon .
- Turn off password display in Windows 8 when logging in
- Set a password for the computer
- How to turn off the Win 10 password - Uninstall and delete the Windows 10 password
- 7 free Windows password recovery tools
- Instructions on how to login to your computer when you forget your password
- Why should you turn off the Autofill feature in the password manager?
- How to Reset SA Password in Sql Server
- How to turn off password request after Sleep on Windows 11
- How to login to Windows XP when you forget or lose your password
- How to set a password for a Windows 8 / 8.1 computer