The computer cannot record the screen, how to fix it?
The computer can't record the screen so you can't record the data you need? TipsMake has a solution to help you fix the error.
Recording a computer screen is a fairly familiar operation for computer users. This is a quite effective method for us to record operations taking place on the screen. But what if the computer cannot record the screen ? No need to worry too much if you are facing this situation. The article below will reveal to you a few tricks to overcome this situation effectively and quickly.
Why can't the computer record the screen?
In fact, recording the screen on a computer is very easy to do. However, if you encounter the error of not being able to record the Windows 10 screen, it is most likely due to some of the following problems.
1: You haven't done it properly
Currently there are many ways for us to record computer screens. And of course, the computer will not be able to record the screen if you do not do it properly.
2: Your computer is too weak
Running multiple tasks and recording the screen at the same time will not be possible if the computer is too weak. This is because components such as CPU, VGA, RAM are not strong enough to handle heavy tasks.
3: The screen recording software has problems
Currently there are many screen recording software. Sometimes it's because we haven't updated these software for too long. This may also cause the error of not being able to record the screen in Windows 11.
4: The computer's operating system is corrupted
When the computer's operating system fails, it will lead to many problems. One of them is that the computer cannot record the screen.
Ways to handle when your laptop cannot record the screen
First, please review whether your screen recording operation is correct or not. If you are not very confident about your operations, please refer to the methods below!
Use Xbox game bar to record screen
- Step 1 : Press the Windows + G key combination to open the Xbox game bar
- Step 2 : At the capture toolbar , click on the 3rd icon to start recording the screen. When you finish recording, click on the square icon at the old location to stop recording the screen.
- Step 3 : To review the screen video you just recorded. Please access the link C:UsersAdminVideosCaptures . Or you can also click directly on the videos folder and select pictures . This is the simplest and easiest way to record a Windows 10 computer screen. For those who are looking to record Windows 11 screen, you can also apply this method.
Use a computer screen recording app
There are many apps where we can record our computer screen. Among them, OBS studio software is trusted and used by many people. Below is how to perform screen recording with the software.
- Step 1 : Access the link https://obsproject.com/ to download and install OBS software to your device.
- Step 2 : Open OBS software on your computer. Then right-click on sources and select add and select display capture .
- Step 3 : Select the screen you want to record if you are using multiple screens at the same time. Then click ok .
- Step 4 : Start recording by clicking on start recording . To end recording, click on stop recording .
To review the video you just recorded. Please access the default path of the software C:UsersPCVideos .
In case you have followed the instructions exactly but still cannot record the computer screen. Try checking and upgrading your computer to see if it works. You should also check your computer's operating system software. If necessary, you can reinstall Windows to quickly fix the error.
Above is information related to the computer not being able to record the screen. Hope this information can help you.
- How to record Windows 10 computer screen videos quickly
- 11 Simplest and fastest ways to record your computer screen
- 3 The fastest way to record video on your computer
- Steps to record screen with VLC Media Player
- Steps to record screen in Anydesk
- How to turn the computer screen
- Computer Tips : How to record Windows 11 screen video with Xbox Game Bar
- How to record iPhone screen video, How to record iPhone screen with sound
- Record screen with VLC Player software
- How to project an Android screen on a computer