The mouse can move but cannot click, let's find a solution
The mouse can move but cannot click, which is a situation many users may encounter frequently while using the computer. This error has many causes and solutions. Let's find out with TipsMake !
When using a computer, even a laptop, many technology enthusiasts still prefer to use a mouse instead of a touchpad. There is no need to discuss the level of convenience when using a mouse. However, during use, users sometimes still encounter some problems that make using the mouse not smooth. In particular, the problem of the mouse moving but not clicking is a very 'familiar' situation. Let's learn about this problem with TipsMake .
The mouse can move but cannot click, how to fix it?
The mouse can move but cannot click, which can happen with wireless mice, wired mice, and computer touch mice. Below are the detailed causes and solutions to this problem.
Why can the mouse move but not click?
The situation where the mouse can move but cannot click can be caused by many reasons. Depending on the device we are using, it can be divided into 2 cases as follows:
1: Touch mouse on laptop
In case you are using a touch mouse on a laptop. Can move but cannot click. It could be because you turned off the touchpad or the touchpad is damaged.
Operating system software conflicts or driver errors can also be the cause of this problem.
2: Use a separate mouse
When the separate mouse switch is damaged, you will not be able to click the mouse at this time. If you want to know why the wireless mouse can move but cannot click, this is the answer for you.
How to fix the error of not being able to click the mouse in Windows 10?
If you are worried and don't know why the mouse can move but cannot click. Please apply some of the measures below immediately. To determine the cause and find effective solutions.
1: Test with a separate mouse
First, if you are using a touch mouse on your laptop but cannot click. Try plugging a separate mouse into your laptop. If it still clicks normally, the problem is probably with the touch mouse. Now check to see if you have accidentally turned off the touchpad feature on your computer. With different laptop models, we will have different ways to turn the touchpad on and off. Normally it will be the key combination Fn + With a key from F1 to F12.
There are a few cases where you can press the touchpad twice in a row to turn it on or off.
2: Restart the computer
If you suspect that the mouse can move but cannot click, it is due to the software. Try shutting down and restarting your computer. When you can't use the mouse, use the keyboard shortcuts on the screen to do this.
- Step 1 : Press the Windows + D key combination to return to the desktop.
- Step 2 : Press the key combination Alt + F4 then use the up and down arrow keys to select Restart. Finally, press enter on the keyboard to restart the computer.
3: Update the mouse driver
You can also try to fix the error by updating the driver for your computer mouse. To do this, we do the following:
- B1 : Press the key combination windows + X then use the arrow keys to move and select device manager and press enter .
- Step 2 : Press the Tab key on the keyboard, then use the arrow keys to move to Mice and other pointing devices .
- Step 3 : Click the right arrow key to expand and select HID-compliant mouse . Then press enter .
- Step 4 : Use the Tab key and arrow keys to move to the driver section . Then continue using the Tab key to move to the driver update section . Finally, press enter to start the update.
Mouse can move but can't click? Hopefully TipsMake's sharing will help you fix it.
- How to Restart Windows 8
- How to fix Laptop touch mouse error can't move
- How to fix the problem of left clicking on Windows
- Macromedia Flash - The object moves with the mouse click position
- How to fix computer mouse error cannot move
- How to Right Click on a Mac
- Instructions on how to fix a computer mouse click double click
- HP launched a new mouse, providing a fingerprint security solution for the PC