Instructions to block Edge browser on Windows 10
Microsoft Edge does not support cross-platform, does not support extensions (up to this point). In addition, when using Edge, you cannot sync and open bookmarks on different computers like Chrome or Firefox.
One of the new features built into Windows 10 is the appearance of the Microsoft Edge browser (formerly Project Spartan) and in the future it is very likely that the browser will completely replace Internet Explorer.
However, Microsoft Edge does not support cross-platform, does not support extensions (up to this point). In addition, when using Edge, you cannot sync and open bookmarks on different computers like Chrome or Firefox.
In addition Edge also has many common vulnerabilities like those on Internet Explorer. For these reasons, many users do not like to use Microsoft Edge browser.
By default, you cannot completely uninstall Microsoft Edge browser settings on Windows 10. However, if you do not want to use this browser, you can block it on Windows 10 using the Edge Blocker tool.
When you use Edge Blocker tool to block Edge browser on Windows 10 will cause some problems for the OneDrive application and some other tools integrated on the Windws 10.
However, if you don't use OneDrive, you can use Edge Blocker to block Edge browser.
1. The first and most important thing is to download Edge Blocker to your computer and install it.
Download Edge Blocker to your computer here.
2. Proceed to extract the file you just downloaded and then run the file. Right-click the file you unzipped and choose Run as administrator.
If you see a message on the screen like the one below, select More Info and select Run anyway .
3. At this point you will see the Edge Blocker icon with a blue circle and a red circle around.
The blue circle means that the Edge Blocker is not activated, but after you click on the Blcok button (block), the circle will turn red.
Refer to some of the following articles:
How to disable Automatic Maintenance on Windows 10
Instructions to turn off ads on the Screen Lock screen Windows 10
3 ways to hide recovery partition (Recovery) on Windows 10 / 8.1 / 7
- 20 small tips with Edge browser you should know (Part 1)
- Instructions for installing extensions on Edge browser Windows 10
- Disable Adobe Flash on Edge browser
- Knowing these 21 shortcuts you will be able to use Edge browser fluently
- Instructions to block pop-ups in all browsers
- Instructions for downloading YouTube videos on Edge browser
- Reinstalling the Edge browser in Windows 10 does not cause data loss
- Instructions for viewing and managing passwords saved on Edge and Internet Explorer browsers