Instructions for creating USB boot with Hiren's BootCD quickly
USB boot or USB install Win will be useful when you forget the password Windows needs to break the password to log in to the computer, reinstall Win, boot into the system to fix the error, restore Win. The USB is compact, very convenient to carry around. If you are a regular computer user, make sure you create a bootable USB to use when you need it.
The creation of USB boot is not too difficult, currently there are many ways to create USB boot with dozens of software support, however, Hiren's BootCD is a tool that is quite old and loved by technology people. Therefore, TipsMake.com wrote a separate tutorial on how to create USB boot, create USB install Win with Hiren's BootCD tool.
If you want ghost Win to invite you to read the tutorial: How to ghost Windows 7/8, Windows 10 with OneKey Ghost
Instructions for creating USB Boot with Hiren's BootCD
- Step 1: Prepare to create USB Boot, USB Ghost for Windows
- Step 2: Format USB to FAT32 standard
- Step 3: Run the Grub4Dos Installer to create bootable USB capabilities
- Step 4: Extract the file Hiren's BootCD and copy to USB
- Step 5: Copy the grldr and menu.Ist files to the USB boot just created
How to create USB Boot with Hiren's BootCD
Step 1: Prepare to create USB Boot, USB Ghost for Windows
- USB capacity of 1 GB or more
- Tool to format, format for USB. Should use USBFormat, download link here!
- Tool to create bootable USB capabilities: grub4dos.zip
- Toolkit to boot and edit computers: Hirens BootCD 15.2
Step 2: Format USB to FAT32 standard
In order to ensure normal USB operation and boot, you need to convert the USB format you are using to the FAT32 format. Run the USBFormat download tool above, extract it and run usb_format.exe file:
Here you choose as the picture to USB format to FAT32 instead of NTFS:
- Select the correct USB device in the Device section.
- Select FAT32 in the File system section.
- Click Start to start the format. This process is slow depending on the read and write speed and USB capacity (in my test, it takes about 15 minutes to USB USB ).
When formatting the USB, you will see a notification image like this
If you want to know how to get back, break the password of your Windows password or when you forget it, follow this instruction, by using Hiren Boot tool!
Step 3: Run the Grub4Dos Installer to create bootable USB capabilities
Unzip "grub4dos.zip" > run "grubinst_gui.exe" to create the ability to boot USB according to the steps shown below.
Steps to create USB Ghost Windows
Specifically running the Grub4Dos Installer is as follows:
- Click Refresh (1) in the Disk section to select the correct USB (2).
- Click Refresh (3) in the Part List section to select Whole disk (MBR) (4).
- After making sure to select the right things, click the Install button (5).
Do as shown to create Hiren Boot USB
Follow this guide to create a USB ghost, install Windows
Step 4: Extract the file Hiren's BootCD and copy to USB
Unzip "Hirens.BootCD.15.2.zip" > into the unzipped folder > select "Hirens.BootCD.15.2.iso" and extract it and copy all the files in it to USB.
Step 5: Copy the grldr and menu.Ist files to the USB boot just created
Copy two "grldr" and "menu.lst" files and paste them into Hirenboot's USB just created. So where are those "grldr" and "menu.lst" files taken? You can get from:
- The grub folder after extracting the grub4dos.zip file .
- In the main HBCD folder is extracted from the ISO file of Hiren Boot.
After creating the boot USB, you plug the USB into the computer, restart the computer and enter the BIOS. Depending on the model and operating system, the way to enter the BIOS will vary, usually using keys like F12 or Delete. Once you have entered the BIOS, you select the boot mode from USB, here, we can proceed to reinstall Windows and perform other tasks as needed.
Our boot screen will look like this:
Mini Windows XP in HirenBoot USB
Above is the guide to create USB boot very detailed with Hiren's bootCD. With the USB boot just created, you can use to ghost Win, install Windows, extract ghost version or fix Windows errors when needed. This is especially useful when the computer has a problem that you cannot restart in the normal way or without the CD drive to install Win from the disk.
If you feel that creating USB boot with Hiren's boot is too complicated, you can try to refer to Rufus, a tool to create USB boot is easy to use, with just a few clicks that you already have a bootable USB, only other It is with Rufus you need Windows ISO file only.
Video tutorial to create USB boot using Hiren's bootCD
- How to create USB Boot, USB install Windows by Rufus
- Create Hiren's BootCD from USB drive
- 20 best USB boot software
- Instructions for creating USB Multiboot start multiple operating systems
- How to create USB HirenBoot fastest use XBoot
- Instructions for creating a USB drive contain the Windows XP, 7, 8 and 10 installer
- How to check if the USB Boot has been successfully created?
- How to create USB BOOT containing many Windows installers (XP / 7/8/10)