How to create a yellow circle around the mouse cursor on Windows
Typically, most users want to add a yellow circle behind the mouse cursor to highlight it. In this quick post, TipsMake.com will show you how to create a yellow circle around the mouse pointer on Windows 10.
If you're in a presentation or screen recording with software like OBS, you might want to highlight the mouse pointer for easy tracking. Typically, most users want to add a yellow circle behind the mouse cursor to highlight it.
In this quick post, TipsMake.com will show you how to create a yellow circle around the mouse pointer on Windows 10.
How to highlight mouse cursors in Windows
Here are the steps you should follow to highlight the mouse pointer against a yellow background.
Step 1. Download PenAttention at here:
Step 2. Install the application by double clicking on the exe file.
Step 3. After installation, open it from the Start menu.
Step 4. Now, right-click on the PenAttention icon on the taskbar and select Highlight settings.
Step 5. Here, select the Highlight mouse as well as pen option .Select the Highlight mouse as well as pen option
Step 6. To change the color to yellow, click in the Color box and select a yellow color.Click in the Color box and choose a yellow color
Step 7. Click the Apply changes button .
If the PenAttention app doesn't work for you, then try PointerFocus.
Step 1. Download PointerFocus here.
Step 2. Install the downloaded application.
Step 3. After installation, open the Start menu, search for PointerFocus and open it.
Step 4. Once opened, you will see a yellow circle around the mouse cursor.
Customize the size and color of the mouse cursor
If you don't like the way the accent is highlighted, you can change it to a closed circle and reduce its size. Here is how to do it.
Step 1. Right-click the PointerFocus application on the taskbar and select Options.
Step 2. Go to the Highlight cursor tab .
Step 3. Here, set the Size value to 50 and the Circle Width value to 30.Set the Size value to 50 and the Circle Width value to 30
Step 4. Click the OK button to save the changes.
When the changes are applied, you will see the mouse cursor is highlighted by a yellow circle. If not, try different size and width settings to get the results you want.
To change the highlight color, click the color box next to the Color option .To change the highlight color, click the color box next to the Color option
You can quickly enable or disable cursor highlighting by right-clicking the taskbar icon and selecting the Highlight cursor option or pressing the key
F8on the keyboard.
Note : PointerFocus is a paid application. However, you can use it for free as long as it's not for commercial purposes. The only drawback is that the app will display an upgrade prompt every 5 minutes.
Use the Yellow Circle Cursor
If you don't want to install any software just to highlight the mouse pointer, then you need to create a new cursor scheme in Windows.
1. Download the Yellow Circle Cursor here:
2. Open the Start menu, search for Mouse settings and open it.
3. On the right page, scroll down and click the Additional mouse options link .
4. Go to the Pointers tab .
5. Here, select the Normal Select option and click the Browse button .Select the Normal Select option and click the Browse button
6. Go to where you saved the downloaded cursor, select it and click Open.Go to where you saved the downloaded cursor, select it and click Open
7. The cursor will be added to Pointers. Click the Save as button .
8. Name the pointer type whatever you want and click OK.
9. Now, click the Apply button > OK .
As soon as you do that, Windows will activate the new mouse cursor.
To return to the default mouse pointer, open Pointers and select the Windows Default (system scheme) option from the drop-down menu and save the changes.Select the Windows Default (system scheme) option to return to the default cursor
Refer to the article: How to add mouse effects in videos on Camtasia for a different way to customize the mouse cursor.
- Instructions to change the interface of the mouse cursor on Windows
- Create snow effect when moving mouse on Windows
- The basic steps of fixing cursor cursors flutter in Windows
- How to change the mouse cursor in Windows
- How to change mouse cursor on Google Chrome
- How to Draw a Perfect Circle on Microsoft Paint
- How to change mouse settings in Windows
- Windows 10 mouse problems and workarounds
- How to change the color and size of the mouse pointer on Windows 10
- How to Create a Sin and Cos Circle in Excel