How to disable SmartScreen feature in Windows 8?
SmartScreen is a filtering feature built-in by Microsoft on Windows 8 by default to check the files you download online. If it detects an abnormal sign, the following message will appear on the screen
SmartScreen is a filtering feature built-in by Microsoft on Windows 8 by default to check the files you download online. If it detects an "abnormal" sign, the following message will appear on the screen
If you click OK , the running program will close and if you press More Info , the screen will immediately alert you that this program may be harmful to your computer. You will have 2 options
- Run Away : Keep running this program
- Don't Run : Stop running
Although this is a useful feature, if you find it "annoying" it can be disabled according to the steps below.
Step 1: Open Control Panel and then go to System and Security
Step 2: Go to Action Center
Step 3: Click the Change Windows SmartScreen Settings menu in the left column
Step 4: When the new dialog box opens, check the Don't do any thing section and click OK
So, from now on, you will no longer be bothered by SmartScreen.
- Add, remove startup applications with Windows 8
- How to clear the Cache in Windows 8?
- Instructions to remove Internet Explorer 10 in Windows 8
- How to fix 'This app has been blocked for your protection' error on Windows 10 PC
- How to download blocked files on Edge browser on Windows 10?
- Trick to enable / disable Windows Updates on Windows 10 quickly and easily
- Disable UAC in Windows 7
- How to enable / disable the Archive Apps feature in Windows 10
- Disable NTFS file compression to speed up Windows computers
- How to turn off the Timeline feature on Windows 10
- How to disable Hibernation without disabling the Fast startup
- 3 simple ways to enable / disable the Encrypting File System
- How to enable / disable the Indexer Backoff feature in Windows