How to delete trash automatically on Mac
Since macOS 10.12 Sierra, Apple has added the ability to automatically delete trash after 30 days, helping to free up disk space and minimize errors caused by storing too many junk files in the machine. Here is the fastest way to enable this feature.
The trash in your Mac is always cluttered with old files, you always forget to delete files in the trash and annoying, these old files occupy a small amount of space. Don't worry, with just a few basic steps, Apple will automatically empty the trash for your Mac.
Since macOS 10.12 Sierra, Apple has added the ability to automatically delete trash after 30 days, helping to free up disk space and minimize errors caused by storing too many junk files in the machine. This feature will be turned on quite easily, but finding where it is hidden is a bit cumbersome processing phase. Here's the quickest way to turn on the automatic trash removal feature on Mac.
First, click Finder on Mac. In the menu bar at the top of the screen, click the Finder menu and select Preferences .Finder> Preferences
When the Finder Preferences window pops up, click the Advanced button .In Finder Preferences select Advanced
In the Advanced options , look for ' Remove items from the Trash after 30 days ' and check the box next to it.Check the Remove items option
When the installation is completed, macOS will automatically delete all your files every 30 days. If you want to turn this off, go to Finder and Preferences again, uncheck the ' Remove items from the Trash after 30 days ' option.
If you want to have more options to free up space on your Mac, try deleting files that repeatedly delete cache files or using utility apps from outside.
- How to Delete Photos on a Mac Computer
- This is one of the smartest trash bins in the world
- How to fix errors cannot clean up Trash on Mac
- How to recover deleted files permanently in the trash
- How to create trash for Android with Dumpster
- How to schedule automatic file deletion in the folder Download Windows 10
- Trick to automatically delete data when closing Chrome, Firefox browser
- Delete the most 'stubborn' files on Windows
- Automatically delete data when closing Chrome, Firefox, Coc Coc ...
- How to automatically delete Gmail emails from any sender