How to delete dots in a series of numbers on Excel
To quickly remove the dot in the numeric sequence in Excel, we can use the search or use function in Excel.
Often long numbers on Excel have extra dots to separate, making it easier to observe data as well as minimize the possibility of errors and mistakes when entering data. However, in some calculation cases, deleting the dot in the range of Excel required. If the data is small, it can be done manually, but most of the tables on Excel are very long. So you can use a search engine on Excel or a function in Excel to quickly remove dots in the range of numbers in Excel. The following article instructs you to read how to delete a quick dot in the Excel range.
- How to convert commas into dots in Excel
- Change the slash to a dot in Excel format
- How to use underline styles in Excel
- How to write dash in Word and Excel
1. How to delete dots in Excel with Replace
Users black out the number range to remove the dot in Excel. Continue to click Find & Select and then click on Replace at the Home tab.
In the Find and Replace dialog box, click the Replace tab and then enter the dot in the Find what field , in the Replace with box, and click Replace All to change the dot.
The display indicates the number of characters to be removed from the dot, press OK to return to the data table interface.
The whole dot has been removed. In case you enter the phone number and the number 0 disappears, it is possible to re-display 0 in Excel according to the article How to display 0 in front of the number in Excel.
2. How to delete the Excel dot with SUBSTITUTE function
In the next cell to delete the dot, we enter the formula = SUBSTITUTE (Text, Old_text, New_text) . Applying for the case of deleting the dot in the sequence, understand the formula = SUBSTITUTE (the text to be checked, the character to be changed, the new character to replace the old one).
So the formula to remove the dot is = SUBSTITUTE (E2, '.', '') And then press Enter.
The result of the sequence is to remove the dot. We click on the first result box and drag down the remaining cells to complete the data table results.
With two simple ways we can quickly delete the dot in the range of numbers on Excel. Whether you use the SUBSTITUTE function, or the Find & Replace search engine, produces similar results.
I wish you all success!
- How to convert dots to commas in Excel on Windows 7
- How to Add Autonumber in Excel
- Convert commas to dots in Excel
- Instructions to stamp negative numbers in Excel
- PI (PI Function) in Excel - How to use PI numbers in Excel
- How to delete photos in bulk in Excel
- Split numbers from strings in Excel
- How to create and delete tables in Excel
- Create dots in Word, how to create dots lines, tab line dots (.........) in Word
- How to extract numbers or text from Excel