Preparing for a new Task Manager on Windows 11
This information was discovered by the Twitter account FireCube, a developer who often gives accurate information about new upcoming Windows features.
In its current state, the new Task Manager is not a complete overhaul of the existing interface. Tabs that were previously placed at the top of the Task Manager window are now moved to the side. The framework of the program is applied a new matte Mica material design.
Buttons for common actions like creating new task, ending task. will be more prominent. The new Task Manager will also have a dark background to match the overall design of Windows 11.
However, when looking at the lists themselves, the list of processes, services. you will see that it is exactly the same as the current version of Task Manager.
You can see the new design of Task Manager in the photos below:
To activate the new Task Manager, you first need to join the Dev Channel of Windows 11. Next, you need to update to the latest version, build 22538. In addition, you also need an additional tool that can name ViveTool.
ViveTool allows you to enable hidden Windows features. However, this can seriously affect the stability of the system, so think carefully before doing it.
After downloading ViveTool you need to extract its .zip file. You need to run it using Command Prompt (not Windows PowerShell). Run Command Prompt in the folder where you store ViveTool then enter the following commands one by one:
vivetool addconfig 35908098 2 vivetool addconfig 37204171 2 vivetool addconfig 36898195 2 vivetool addconfig 36898195 2
Once done, you should see the new Task Manager on your Windows 11 computer.
It is not known when Microsoft will officially launch Task Manager with a new design for test users as well as official.
- All problems about using Task Manager
- Ways to enable Task Manager in Windows 11
- Instructions to fix Task Manager has been Disabled by your Administrator
- Top 10 tips for using Task Manager in Windows 10
- Former Microsoft employee revealed the secret in Task Manager on Windows 10
- How to unlock, fix Task manager errors on Windows
- Ways to open Task Manager on Windows 10
- How to bring the old Task Manager back to Windows 10
- How to open Task Manager, introduce the functions in Task Manager
- 7 Task Manager processes that should never end