iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPad 2 suddenly received a new iOS update to fix the error showing the wrong date and time
Apple has stopped updating software for the past 3 years for some old devices such as iPhone 4s, iPhone 5 or iPad 2. Thinking like fate has arranged for these devices, Apple yesterday suddenly launched release new updates for them.
Specifically, Apple has released iOS 9.3.6 update for iPhone 4s, iPad 2, iPad 3 and iPad mini generation first. iPhone 5 and iPad 4 also received iOS 10.3.4 updates.
Note for the iPad, this update only supports models with 3G / 4G and Wi-Fi models are not.
The reason why Apple decided to release iOS 9.3.6 and iOS 10.3.4 updates for older devices was to fix an important error related to GPS positioning that caused the display status to be wrong for days and hours.
Apple said that, starting from November 2019, the iPhone and iPad models launched from 2012 onwards need to be upgraded to these updates to enable GPS navigation to work properly. On November 3, 2019, if the user does not update the iPhone and iPad, it will not be able to locate the GPS correctly. This makes syncing email, iCloud synchronization, and some features that require date and time accuracy may not work either.
Therefore, Apple recommends that users who are using iPhone and iPad models released from 2012 and earlier update the latest software version.
To update to the new version for the device, you go to Settings -> select General settings -> select Software update and download the latest version.
Note: Before updating, you should charge the battery over 50% and make sure to back up the data.
- Apple officially released iOS 12.4 and watchOS 5.3, invited to upgrade and experience
- iOS 13 has a special feature that makes the iPhone battery not fully charged 100%
- The cause of the wrong time on Windows 10 and how to fix it
- Summary of some ways to fix 3194 errors during the restore or update iPhone, iPad
- How to fix date errors when copying to another Excel file
- Fix iPad error without receiving Sim
- iOS 13.2 Beta 2 turns some iPad models into bricks, updates are not available
- Apple admits a screen error on iPad Air 3, supporting free repair for 2 years
- How to fix iPhone error does not ring when there is a call
- iPhone, iPad are slow or suspended, this is a fix