How to transfer photos and videos from your phone to Windows 10 computer with Photos Companion
When you need to transfer photos from your phone to a computer, you always plug in your phone directly and the computer. Of course, there are other ways to do this like using an automatic backup in OneDrive or Google Photos. But Microsoft has created an exciting new application called Photos Companion, available for both Android and iOS. This application allows users to transfer photos and videos on phones via Wi-Fi directly to Windows 10 Photos application.
How to transfer photos from iOS or Android to Windows 10 with Photos Companion
To get started, download the Photos Companion app for Android or iPhone. This article uses the Android version but the same is done on iOS. After that, you need to enable the ability to import photos via Wi-Fi on Windows 10 system, launch the Photos app, open the Options menu and select Settings .
Then scroll down and turn on the option to check the import feature via mobile phone via Wi-Fi.
Restart the Photos app, select the Import button in the upper right corner and click the option to import photos via Wi-Fi.
This will open the screen with the QR Code you need to scan using an Android or iOS device using the Photos Companion application.
Now, on the phone, launch the Photos Companion application and touch the Send Photos button. The scanner will open in the application that you can use to scan the QR code displayed on the computer screen.
When scanning a code, select the photos and videos you want to transfer to your computer and touch Done . The files pass quickly and you will receive a message indicating the transfer process is complete.
Then you will find them in the Pictures folder in the folder called " Imported from Photos Companion ", so you can manage and edit them from your computer.
Because this application is a Microsoft Garage project, the testing technologies Microsoft tested, can be changed or deleted without notice. Hopefully, this application still exists in many forms. Every time you have a new photo or video, you will need to open the Photos app and scan the QR code to start the transfer.
- How to transfer photos from iPhone, iPad to Windows 10 computer?
- Transfer data between computers
- How to transfer archived data from OneDrive to another drive
- How to transfer photos and videos from your phone to a computer
- How to transfer photos and videos from iPhone iOS 11 to PC with compatible formats
- How to transfer photos from phone to computer via WiFi
- How to transfer videos and images between iPhone and computer without plugging in?
- How to use Televzr to watch videos from your computer on your phone
- Transfer contacts from any smartphone to Windows Phone 8.1
- File sharing between PC / Mobile and Mobile without software
- How to Transfer Videos from an iPhone to a Macbook
- Ways to transfer data between phone and computer without connecting cable
- How to move photos and videos from Google Drive to Google Photos