How to set up face unlock on Samsung Galaxy phones
Some high-end smartphone models are currently directing users to gradually switch from secure authentication using passwords and fingerprints to using more convenient facial recognition technology. If you own a Samsung Galaxy phone, you can use both fingerprint and face unlock features at the same time for the most convenient experience.
However, it should be noted that facial recognition on Android phones will not be as secure as Apple's 'Face ID'. iPhones use a variety of sensors to detect the user's face, while Android devices typically only save facial images and use a comparison algorithm. Therefore, this form of security should not be used for financial transaction authentication requirements.
Set up face unlock on Samsung Galaxy phones
First, swipe down once from the top of your Samsung Galaxy device's screen and tap the gear icon to access the Settings menu.
Next, click on ' Biometrics and Security '.
Click ' Face Recognition '.
If you have previously enabled some security methods (PIN code, pattern, etc.), you will be asked to enter the corresponding information to authenticate your identity.
You'll see some introductory information about facial recognition. Click ' Continue ' to continue setup.
First, you will be asked if you wear glasses. Select ' Yes ' or ' No ' and click 'Continue'.
The next step is to "register" your face with the system. Hold the camera until your face is in the frame. The system will quickly scan your face.
If the scan is successful, you will be given the option to request a swipe on the lock screen even if your face is detected. Here's a way to make sure your phone doesn't immediately bypass the lock screen if you don't want it to. Turn this feature on or off and tap ' Done '.
The initial setup steps are done! If you want, you can tap ' Add Alternative Look ' to scan your face again.
There are some additional options on the facial recognition settings page that you can try using.
- Faster Recognition: Allows faster unlocking, can also be easier to fool.
- Require Open Eyes: To increase security, you must open your eyes to identify, to prevent others from secretly unlocking your device while you sleep.
- Brighten Screen: For more accurate recognition in dark environments, the screen will light up to scan your face.
It's all that simple. Now your phone has a useful extra layer of security. Hope you are succesful.
- Official information about Samsung Galaxy S8, S8 Plus: Price, date of sale, specifications and special features
- Tips for speeding up Samsung Galaxy crickets
- 8 useful apps on Samsung Galaxy S21
- Review Samsung Galaxy S20: First 5G phone in 2020
- Galaxy phones may be banned from sale in the US
- Samsung aims to sell 1 million Galaxy Folds, and this is the actual result
- Instructions on how to experience Bixby virtual assistant of Galaxy S8 on older Samsung Galaxy phones
- Galaxy A41: Helio P65 chip, in-display fingerprint, IP68 water resistant