How to Import PST Files to Office 365
This wikiHow teaches you how to import data to your Office 365 Outlook account from a saved PST file on Windows or macOS. A PST file contains contact information, email folders, addresses, and other mail data. You can import all your...
Method 1 of 2:
- Open the Outlook app on your computer. The Outlook icon looks like a white "O" in a blue square in front of an envelope icon. You can find it on your Start menu.
- Click the tab on the top-left. You can find this button above the toolbar ribbon at the top of your screen. It will open your file options on a new menu.
- Click on the menu. You can find this option on a blue navigation menu on the left-hand side.
- Click on the menu. This will open the Import and Export Wizard in a new pop-up window.
- Select . It's in the "Choose an action to perform" box.
- Click . This will open a list of different file types you can import.
- Select and click . This will allow you to select and import your PST file in the next step.
- Click under "File to import." This button is in the upper-right corner of the Wizard window. It will open a new pop-up.
- You can select how you want to deal with duplicate items under "Options" here.
- Select the PST file and click . If your PST file is password protected, you'll be prompted to enter it here.
- Click .
- Select at the bottom. When this option is selected, you can specify your Office 365 mailbox, and import your PST here.
- Enter your Office 365 account email into the text field. You can click the drop-down and select your email, or manually type it here.
- Click the button. This will start importing all the data from your PST file to your Office 365 mailbox. You'll see your import progress in a pop-up box. The pop-up will automatically disappear when your import is finished.
Method 2 of 2:
Using a Mac
- Open Outlook (Office 365 version) on your Mac. The Outlook icon looks like a white "O" in a blue square in front of an envelope icon. You can find it in your Applications folder.
- Make sure you have your Outlook version installed through your Office 365 subscription. If you have a different version, you can download the installer at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=45492.
- If you have a different version of Outlook the app icon may look like a yellow "O."
- To view your Outlook version, click the Outlook tab on your Mac's menu bar on the top-left, and select About Outlook. If you have the Office 365 version you'll see "Office 365 Subscription" next to "License."
- Click the menu. You can find this button above the toolbar ribbon at the top of the window.
- Click on the toolbar. This button looks like a green, downward arrow and a blue figurehead in front of a table icon. It will open the Import window.
- Select . Select this option when you're prompted "What do you want to import?" in the Import window.
- Click . This will open your file navigator in a new pop-up, and allow you to select the PST file to import.
- Select the PST file and click . This button is in the lower-right corner of the file navigator pop-up. It will start importing the data from your PST file.
- Click . When your import is finished, click this button to close the Import window.
- Secedit: import command in Windows
- Microsoft Excel now allows importing data from PDF files
- How to open locked files in Office 2013
- How to Import a Repository on Github
- How to transfer contacts from an Excel worksheet to Outlook
- Delete the My Recent Documents trace in MS Office 2007
- How to open files Docx, Xlsx, Pptx on Office 2003
- Instructions for converting Docx to Doc files online