6 simple ways to turn off Windows 10 antivirus (Windows Defender).
Despite its laptop protection features, Windows Defender is not popular among users who want to disable this Windows 10 antivirus.
Windows Defender is a free antivirus software that comes pre-installed in Windows 10. Despite its laptop protection features, Windows Defender is not popular among users who want to disable this Windows 10 antivirus. Here, through this article, TipsMake will guide you through 6 very simple ways to turn off Windows Defender.
What is Windows Defender?
Windows Defender Win 10 is a free virus scanner built into your laptop. Just install Windows 10 and Windows Defender Win 10 will be installed on your computer by default. The best thing about Windows Defender Win 10 is that it doesn't consume as many resources as other antivirus programs — a big plus whether you're using a new or old PC.
Windows Defender Win 10 seems to be a good choice to protect users' computers. Friends who have been using third-party antivirus software, you can try Windows Defender Win 10 to compare performance and security.
Additionally, Windows Defender Win 10 works better with web browsers and other applications, combined with options to protect your privacy. Therefore, Windows Defender Win 10 will become a comprehensive security tool for your computer.
Why turn off Windows Defender in Win 10?
Typically, this antivirus blocks the installation of software from little-known developers because it rates the program as suspicious. Anyone who uses legitimate third-party apps will find this annoying.
This can be annoying, for example, when the custom software you use for work certainly doesn't pose a threat to your system, but the built-in antivirus keeps warning you.
While Windows Defender simply offers one of the best antivirus solutions for Microsoft operating systems, you may have other reasons to disable Window Defender temporarily or permanently.
While Windows Defender acts as a shield to protect your software. However, in some specific cases, you may feel that the software hinders your work.
Windows Defender works by automatically removing any third-party software you have installed on your computer. Even if you know very well that the software is legal, non-malicious and not pirated, it will not adversely affect the computer software. However, Windows Defender will still delete it.
This will disrupt the user's workflow. So in this case, you will want to temporarily disable Windows Defender.
Windows Defender protection
Which software to use is your own choice. After some research, there will be many users who feel that Microsoft Windows Defender is not strong enough to protect their computer software.
Therefore, they will invest in third-party antivirus software. Using third-party software is also a good idea. Although you will have to pay a small amount of money. However, in return you will get better and more security.
Optimize computer performance
You may also want to turn off Windows 10 antivirus software because it can take up a lot of your computer's resources. You may not have enough memory, or you may want your computer tool to focus on more specific tasks instead of wasting resources scanning your computer.
Instructions on how to turn off Windows 10 antivirus
For some reason you need to know how to turn off window defender Windows 10 ? There are several ways to turn off window defender on Windows 10, see detailed instructions below. On the new version of Windows 10, Windows Defender has been renamed Windows Security, you will also find how to turn off Windows 10 Security antivirus through the methods below.
Temporarily disable Windows Defender using the Settings app :
If you just want to temporarily turn off Windows 10 defender , follow these steps:
- Step 1 : Double-click the Windows Defender icon on the taskbar.
- Step 2 : In the Home tab, click the Virus & Threat Protection icon , then click the Virus & Threat Protection settings row .
- Step 3 : Change the status of the Real-time protection option to Off .
Temporarily disabling Windows Defender using Settings is used in many cases when you are installing software that requires turning off Windows Defender Windows 10 to continue installation. If you want to turn off Windows 10 Defender antivirus permanently, follow these TipsMake steps.
Disable Windows Defender using Local Group Policy
Observe the type of Windows you are using, if you are using Windows 10 Pro or other editions such as Enterprise, Education, you can completely disable Windows Defender on your own machine using Local Group Policy Editor in just 5 Step:
- Step 1 : Press Windows + R to open the Run command window .
- Step 2 : Users should enter the command gpedit.msc into the Run window and press Enter or click OK to open the Local Group Policy Editor window .
- Step 3 : In the Local Group Policy Editor window , click the named icon and follow the instructions to find the path:
First click Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Defender .
- Step 4 : Select Enabled to turn off Windows Defender .
- Step 5 : Go ahead and click Apply > OK .
Finally, when you have completed all 5 steps, restart your computer and the icon will automatically disappear. If you want to re-enable Windows Defender, do as above and in step 5, select the Not Configured option , restart your computer to apply the changes.
Disable Windows Defender using Registry
If you are using Windows 10 Home, you will not be able to access Local Group Policy Editor . However, you can still disable Windows Defender using the registry.
- Step 1 : First press Windows + R to open the Run command window , then type regedit and press Enter (or press OK ) to open the registry.
- Step 2 : On the Registry window , navigate to the key:
- Step 3 : If DWORD DisableAntiSpyware is not found , right-click any empty space and select New . And press DWORD (32-bit) Value .
- Step 4 : Name this new keyword DisableAntiSpyware .
- Step 5 : Double-click the new key you just created to set the value in the Value Data box from 0 to 1.
Finally, restart your laptop and enjoy the results. If you want to re-enable Windows Defender, all you have to do is repeat the steps above and change the value in Value Data step 5 from 1 to 0, then reset the machine.
Instructions for turning Windows Defender on and off via software
If you want to permanently disable (or in other words have full control over Windows Defender), you will need to install a third software called Defender Control.
Note: You must re-enable Windows Defender on Defender Control software , you can no longer use Windows Defender to scan for viruses manually.
- Step 1 : Download Defender Control to your device.
- Step 2 : You must decompress the downloaded file.
- Step 3 : The user double-clicks the DefenderControl.exe file . If the computer requires administrator rights for management, left click, followed by Run As Administrator .
- Step 4 : Then, the Defender Control window will appear. You can Disable Windows Defender by simply clicking Disable Windows Defender .
To turn Windows Defender back on, just click the Enable Windows Defender button .
How to turn off Windows Security in Windows 10
How to turn off windows defender security center using Windows Security Service and then use Service Security Center to ensure that applications provide updates on the status of endpoint protection, including protection features .
Through third-party antivirus products, Windows Defender firewalls, third-party firewalls, and other security measures.
Even if you are using a third-party antivirus product, disabling Windows 10 antivirus or modifying these services will not disable Windows Defender AV and result in a low protection state.
Additionally, disabling the Windows Security Center service does not disable Windows Defender AV or Windows Defender Firewall. How to turn off windows defender security center is very simple, just 4 steps:
- Step 1 : Users will open Settings , then select Privacy Security . Next, select Windows Security .
- Step 2: User selects Virus threat protection .
- Step 3 : The next step is that the user will select Manage Settings in the Virus threat protection settings section .
- Step 4 : Finally, turn off the Real-time Protection switch to turn off Windows 10 Security antivirus .
Frequently asked questions about turning off Windows 10 antivirus
Answering customer questions is the main purpose of this Windows 10 antivirus FAQ , but there's more to it than you might think. This can be a simple and effective way to increase every user's understanding of Windows Defender:
Is it safe to permanently disable Windows Defender?
The answer is yes. However, you should activate another antivirus program now. Windows Defender is designed to protect you from the moment you start using Windows, but you don't have to if you don't want to. That's why you should keep Windows Defender running until you're ready to install something else.
Even if you are very careful, there is still a chance that at some point you will encounter a virus. Preventing a virus is much easier than trying to remove it.
Does Windows Defender slow down your computer?
You won't notice any really noticeable performance gains unless you're doing a full system scan. In fact, Windows Defender uses less system resources than most other antivirus applications. If your PC is running slow, check Task Manager to see which applications are running and using the most resources. This could actually be a sign of a virus infection getting past Windows Defender or other antivirus applications you have installed.
Does installing another antivirus application disable Windows Defender?
This part is correct. Windows Defender can still perform periodic scans and will receive periodic updates. However, Windows defaults to using your default antivirus program. For example, when you install Malwarebytes, Windows automatically turns off real-time protection in Windows Defender, but keeps periodic scanning enabled.
If you want to disable Windows Defender, you need to do the above options.
Is it safe to run Windows Defender with another antivirus application?
Have. These two programs rarely get in the way. Just make sure not to try to run scans at the same time, as this can affect your PC's performance. Think of Windows Defender as your backup antivirus program. However, disabling it won't do any harm. Feel free to use any anti-virus software you want.
Above are 6 simple ways to turn off Windows 10 antivirus (Windows Defender). If you find this Windows 10 antivirus shortcut article useful, please share this article with TipsMake with everyone!
- Instructions to turn off Windows Defender completely on Windows 10
- How to turn off Windows Defender on Windows 10
- How to enable sandbox feature on Windows Defender
- Microsoft claims Windows Defender is the best antivirus software
- How to turn off the Windows Defender Summary notification on Windows 10
- How to protect files from being mistakenly deleted by Windows Defender
- Should Windows Defender be turned off?
- Instructions for using Windows Defender
- How to schedule a scan in Microsoft Defender Antivirus on Windows 10
- How to use Windows Defender increases security when surfing the web