Instructions to successfully fix full disk error in Windows 10
While using a computer or laptop, you may encounter a full disk error. This article will be for those who are looking for information about raw materials
While using a computer or laptop, you may encounter a full disk error. This article will be for those who are looking for information about the causes and how to fix the full disk error in Windows 10. Let's take a look at 9 effective ways to fix the full disk error in Windows 10 with TipsMake.
What is Windows 10 Full Disk error?
To be able to find the cause and how to fix it, the first thing you need to consider is what is the full disk error in Windows 10 ? This is a common error that occurs on hard drives of older computers. Full Disk Win 10 is a phenomenon where the hard drive operates at full capacity for a long time. From there, data processing and running other applications slow down and freeze.
This phenomenon has also appeared since Windows 8 was born. Up to Windows 10, this full disk error appears more and more on the majority of computers today.
Cause of Windows 10 Full Disk error
Fix full disk win 10 is called a condition where your drive is always in 100% state and this error often occurs on computers using Windows 8 or Windows 10 operating systems.
This error can make your computer run slow, jerky, sluggish and difficult to operate whether the configuration is good or you have just reinstalled Windows.
This may be due to:
- The SuperFetch memory management service is being enabled and started.
- Windows Defender is scanning running tasks.
- Programs running in the background consume resources.
- Out of memory, the machine must use the page file.
- An error has occurred in the version of Windows being installed.
- There is an error in the device's hardware.
- You visit an untrusted website or download an unknown program that introduces a virus or spyware to your computer.
- Your computer uses an old hard drive and of course in some cases, this error even appears on the new SSD.
How to fix full disk error in Windows 10
Although there are many ways to fix full disk error in Windows 10 , not all ways are easy and simple. In order to provide readers with useful tips, the following are the best ways to fix Full Disk Windows 10 errors today. Try it directly on your computer!
Turn off Background apps
On the operating system, by default there are a number of applications that run in the background every time the device is turned on. Among them, there are many applications that you think are not necessary but are sometimes quite a waste of device resources.
To reduce the load on your computer, you can close unnecessary background applications by following these steps:
- Step 1 : Use the Windows + I key combination to open the Settings window . Select Privacy
- Step 2 : Select Background apps .
- Step 3 : Move the Let apps run in the background option to the left to close all Windows background applications.
Disable Windows Defender Win 10
Windows Defender is one of the tools available on Windows to help protect your computer against spyware.
However, it is not thorough and also takes up system space when running. So if you often encounter full disk errors in Windows 10 , it is most likely caused by this tool. Here's how to disable Windows Defender:
- Step 1 : From your computer's Start menu, select Settings .
- Step 2 : The Settings window appears, select Update & Security .
- Step 3 : A new window will appear where you need to find Windows security features. Then click the Open Windows Security button .
- Step 4 : A new dialog box will open.
At this time, the mode on Windows Defender is disabled and the consumed system resources are returned. Try this Windows 10 full disk error fix and see how it works on your computer.
Turn off programs that start with Windows 10
In fact, the Windows 10 boot process requires a lot of system resources. Windows will run slower if there are applications launched at the same time.
This is why your computer takes a long time to boot. The startup program is also the cause of the Windows 10 full disk error . So to turn them off, do the following:
- Step 1 : Right-click on the taskbar and select Task Manager .
- Step 2 : The Task Manager dialog box appears, select startup . Applications that start with Windows are located here. You just need to right-click on the software you want to disable and select Disable .
Once completed, you will see your computer run faster. At the same time, the boot process does not take as much time as before.
However, to fix this Windows 10 full disk error , you should only disable applications that you know, not system applications.
Delete programs that have not been used for a long time
Software you don't use takes up some space on your computer. You may find it has little effect but you should really remove it to not take up resources and cause Windows 10 to have a full disk error . Here's how to completely remove these apps:
- Step 1 : Open the Control Panel application on your computer (off the desktop or search through the Start menu ).
- Step 2 : The Control Panel dialog box will appear, find and select Programs and Features .
- Step 3 : Your installed applications will appear, right-click on the software you want to remove and select Uninstall .
At that time, the software will completely delete all files on the computer. At the same time, return more capacity to the hard drive. You can also use this way to handle full disk error in Windows 10 to keep drive C from becoming red and full.
Perform defragmentation of the hard drive
Hard drive fragmentation can cause files to be broken into pieces. Additionally, free space on the drive is not fully used. Failure to defragment can lead to bad sector errors that are difficult to fix. Besides, defragmentation is also an effective way to fix full disk errors in Windows 10 . Therefore, follow the steps below to defragment your hard drive:
- Step 1 : Open This PC manager and select any drive. On the drive, right-click and select Properties .
- Step 2 : A new dialog box appears, open the Tools tab and select the Optimiz button .
- Step 3 : A list of drives on your computer appears, select the drive you want to defragment and click the Optimize button .
Wait for the process to complete then click Close to close the dialog box. This way, your hard drive is not only optimized but also processes data faster. You can also use Full Disk Win 10 to repair your computer quickly and effectively.
Check & fix hard drive errors with the Check Disk tool
The Check Disk tool can also scan every area on the drive for bad sectors. Bad sectors come in two forms: bad sectors (which can occur when data is heavily overwritten) and worse sectors (which can occur due to physical damage to the disk).
The Check Disk tool tries to fix these problems by repairing bad software and marking bad sectors so that the system does not use bad drives, avoiding loss of user data.
- Step 1 : In File Explorer , right-click the drive you want to check and select Optimize .
- Step 2 : In the properties window, switch to the Tools tab and click the Check button .
In Windows 10, you may be notified that no errors were found on the drive. However, you can still perform a manual scan. This function will perform a pre-scan without correcting any errors. Therefore, it will not restart your computer at this time. During a disk scan that finds any problems, Windows will show you options.
- Step 3 : After Windows scans your drive, if no errors are found, click Close to exit the Check Disk tool .
Install virtual memory Virtual Memory
When the Virtual Memory setting is done, the computer will have more storage capacity. At the same time, the hard disk is not affected by the large amount of data that needs to be processed. How to install virtual memory is as follows:
- Step 1 : Find and open Adjust the appearance and performance of Windows in the Start menu .
- Step 2 : The Performance Options dialog box appears, click the Advanced tab and select Change .
- Step 3 : The Virtual Memory window will appear. Here, uncheck Automatically manage paging file size for all drives . Then, set the amount of virtual memory (depending on the amount of RAM used) in the Custom Size section . Finally, press Set to save, and select OK to save the settings.
When installing virtual memory, users need to pay attention to the amount of RAM the computer is using. Do not set the virtual memory size larger than the RAM size so that it can be used. This is one of the extremely effective ways to fix full disk error on Windows 10 .
Convert HDD to SSD
If you have tried all the above methods and still have 100% disk space left, the final solution is to upgrade your hard drive.
If you are using an HDD on your laptop, you can change to an SSD or install both. Side-by-side installation only applies to laptops with DVD drives.
However, if your computer does not have a DVD drive, you should upgrade to an SSD. For PCs, SSDs can be equipped to increase processing and data download speed. When it's time to install more, you should choose a reputable computer repair location.
Choose to buy an SSD that fits your laptop or PC. You should ask someone with experience or knowledge about computers to get the best drive.
Turn off some system services
This is how to fix 100% disk error in Windows 10 in this article.
You accidentally click on a link, then your computer downloads a piece of software to read it. Unfortunately, this software is the cause of the Windows 10 full disk 100 error running in the background every time you turn on the computer.
You can use the launch function to see how many applications are running. You can disable the service if you no longer need it.
- Step 1 : Right-click on the Taskbar and select Task Manager to open it.
- Step 2 : Select the Startup tab , then select the Status button to see running applications.
- Step 3 : Select the application you want to disable and click the Disable button .
Above are 9 effective ways to fix Windows 10 full disk error that TipsMake has compiled. Hopefully with this article you will be able to apply it to your computer with full disk error on Windows 10 . When these errors are resolved, the computer's processing and working speed will also increase significantly. Wishing you success when applying the methods to fix full disk errors in Windows 10!
- Instructions for fixing 100% Full Disk error on Windows 10
- 5 steps to fix 100% Full Disk error on Windows
- How to create disk full BAT file repair Windows 10
- 12 steps to fix Full Disk error 100% on Windows 10
- Fix Full Disk error 100%, 99% on Windows
- Full Disk Windows 10 Error - Cause and simple fix
- How to fix Full Disk error 100% on Windows 10 effectively
- How to fix Scratch disk in Photoshop on Windows 10
- How to fix 100% disk error on Windows 10 Creator Updates
- What is 100% disk error? How to fix this error