How to install the Dark Mode interface for all Windows 10 screens
Night Shift mode to reduce blue light on iOS, or Dark Mode on many services to help users reduce the harm from the computer to their eyes.
On Windows 10, Dark Mode will bring the computer interface to black on all screen interfaces. This will help your computer save battery usage, and can protect your eyes if you use the computer when the screen light has become much softer. In the following article, Network Administrator will gather how to switch to black on all Windows 10 computer interfaces.
- How to enable Dark Mode on iPhone running iOS 11
- How to enable Dark Mode on Youtube
- Instructions for activating Dark Mode on macOS Sierra
Instructions for installing the dark interface Windows 10
- 1. Dark Mode interface for application
- 2. Dark Mode for the titles on Start, window border
- 3. Create Dark Mode for the folder
- 4. Set Dark Mode computer wallpaper:
- 5. Move the Dark Mode interface to Microsoft Edge
- 6. Install Dark Mode for Google Chrome
1. Dark Mode interface for application
Right-click on the Desktop and select Personalize .
In the menu on the left of the interface click on the Color setting . Look to the right, click on Dark mode in Choose your default app mode. So you will see the Settings interface turn black as shown below.
If you don't like this black background, just click on Light to switch to the default white background interface as before.
2. Dark Mode for the titles on Start, window border
We also accessed the Colors setting on Windows, then looked to the right to drag it down under the Choose your color section . Here, the Windows Colors section will have tiles in Start color palette and window borders.
If you want to choose a different color, click Custom Color to choose the color you want.
A color palette appears with many different color codes for users to choose to use. Click Done to select the color.
Further dragging down will have some other options.
- Transparency effects: Transparent effect for the Taskbar. Put the horizontal bar left or right to change the mode of use.
- Show color accent on the following surfaces: Use the colors you choose for items like Taskbar, Title bars.
Select each item to use if desired.
3. Create Dark Mode for the folder
In the Color settings interface, click on High contrast settings on the right side of the interface.
In the Choose a theme section , click the drop-down arrow to open the list and select High Contrast Black .
At the bottom there will be more color settings for each part. You choose for each part you want to change, then click Apply .
Then the system will ask the user to name this newly created theme, then click Save to save.
The result will change as shown below. If you want to return to the default mode, just switch to None in High contrast settings.
4. Set Dark Mode computer wallpaper
In case the user wants to switch the computer background to black, in the Background section of the Setting interface, look to the right and choose Solid color in the Background section. Next click the Custom Color button, then select black to finish.
To change the desktop background, select Picture in the frame below the Background part.
5. Move the Dark Mode interface to Microsoft Edge
With Microsoft Edge web browser, you can convert them to black to reduce eye damage when using the browser.
In the web browser interface, click the 3 horizontal dots icon in the top right corner.
Next, there is a custom interface, select Settings .
In the Choose a theme section select Dark mode. Immediately the Microsoft Edge browser interface will automatically change to black.
6. Install Dark Mode for Google Chrome
The Google Chrome browser does not support the dark background interface as on Edge, so users have to install additional support for the browser.
You can install Dark Mode via the dark interface according to the link below.
- Download the Dark Mode Chrome interface
Click on the dark interface you like, then click Add to Chrome to install.
With adjusting the contrast for Google Chrome browser, users access the link below.
- Download Chrome contrast
The interface on Chrome browser is also changed to dark interface color. To customize the contrast as you like, click the widget's icon on the right corner of the browser. To quickly disable the utility press Shift + F11.
The above is a detailed tutorial on how to switch to Dark Mode for Windows 10 computers, including screen interface, interface settings, window interface to the interface of web browsers. All changes in dark colors for the computer are done on the system, very simple to turn on or turn off Dark Mode. With Chrome browser, you just need to install one of the two utilities to get the dark background interface you want.
- How to customize Facebook and Google interface with Stylish utility
- Change Facebook interface with 5 widgets on Chrome
- How to activate Material Design interface on YouTube
I wish you all success!
- How to activate Dark Mode on Windows 10?
- Instructions for activating Dark Mode on macOS Sierra
- Why doesn't Dark Mode help improve battery life on your laptop?
- Outlook starts updating the dark interface (Dark mode) to users and this is how to activate it
- How to use Mojave's Dark Mode on Mac right now?
- Chrome 74 officially launched, supporting the Dark Mode interface, Lite Mode mode saves data
- How to turn on, activate the dark mode on Windows 10 Dark Mode
- How to install Light mode and Dark mode for apps on iPhone
- Experience the main Dark Mode mode on Android 9 Pie
- How to install the Dark Mode interface for Chrome iPhone