Fix network error with yellow exclamation mark in Windows 10
Have you ever felt annoyed because the network has a yellow exclamation mark in Windows 10? When receiving this error, internet access will be limited or there will be no Internet, usually with the message 'Limited or No Connectivity'. There are many different reasons why the Windows 10 yellow exclamation mark network error can be caused by the user or the service provider. In the article below, TipsMake shares some causes of errors and how to fix network errors with yellow exclamation marks in Windows 10.
- Use Windows Network Diagnostics
- Reset network connection to fix network error with yellow exclamation mark in Windows 10
- Activate the Wi-Fi Adapter
- Restart the Wi-Fi Adapter
- Update drivers
- Check for damaged signal or cable connections
- Turn off VPN and Proxy
- Contact your internet service provider
Use Windows Network Diagnostics
When the Wifi network error has an exclamation mark, right-click on the Wifi icon with the exclamation mark icon, then select the Troubleshoot problems option to open Windows Network Diagnostics . Windows will then check your network connection and display errors. In most cases, you just need to restart your PC to fix the exclamation mark network error.
Reset network connection to fix network error with yellow exclamation mark in Windows 10
When you encounter a network error with an exclamation mark in Win 10, you can reset TCP/IP to reestablish the Internet connection by following these steps: Press Win + X or right-click on the Windows start menu. Then select ' Windows PowerShell (Admin) '.
For older versions of Windows, you will likely see ' Command Prompt ' instead of PowerShell . Network reset can be performed in both Command Prompt and PowerShell. In the command window, enter the command
in: netsh int ip reset C:resetlog.txtand press Enter . Then the screen will appear as shown below and ask you to restart the computer.
Reboot the computer and check if the network error with the yellow exclamation mark in Win 10 goes away. If the error is still not fixed, try adding some of the following commands in the command prompt:
netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled
Remember to run the above commands using administrative mode, otherwise Windows will return the error message ' The requested operation requires elevation (Run as administrator) '.
Activate the Wi-Fi Adapter
By default, Windows 10 will turn off the Network Adapter when the device is in sleep mode to save energy. If your Network Adapter is in sleep mode, you may experience connection errors after restarting the device.
Follow the steps below to disable the power management feature:
- Step 1: Find ' Device manager ' then go to Device Manager in Control Panel .
- Step 2: Go to the Network Adapters section , right-click, then select Properties .
- Step 3: Go to the Power Management tab and then Disable the Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power option .
Restart the Wi-Fi Adapter
To fix a wired network with an exclamation mark or a wifi network with an exclamation mark, try restarting your adapter or modem with these steps:
- Step 1: Find ' Device Manager ' and press Enter .
- Step 2: Right-click on the network adapter and select Disable device .
- Step 3: Then restart the computer.
- Step 4: Go back to Device Manager and turn on the network device again.
After that, the network adapter will be restarted and the network connection will be restored.
The adapter's driver files may be corrupted and cause network error with yellow exclamation mark in Windows 10. Then download the latest versions of the driver files to fix the error.
Step 1 : Go to Device Manager , right-click on the network adapter and select Update Driver in the menu. Select Search automatically for updated driver software and wait for the process to complete.
If the system cannot find the file, go directly to the official website of the network adapter manufacturer you are using. Then download the driver for the adapter model and update it manually.
Check for damaged signal or cable connections
If your computer is connected to a wireless LAN and gets a network error with a yellow exclamation mark, make sure the signal is still strong enough to connect. Note that the network signal may be affected when moving away from the router or modem. If you are using a standard wired connection, check the cables and connectors to make sure they are not loose or disconnected.
Turn off VPN and Proxy
VPN and Proxy will change the network settings to avoid being blocked by IPS (Internet service provider). Sometimes these connections can interrupt the Internet connection and lead to Windows 10 yellow exclamation mark network error.
So try turning off VPN or Proxy or any other settings that are overriding your network's default settings. Finally, restart your PC and check if the network error is still there.
Contact your internet service provider
If you've tried the above methods and can't fix the Win 10 exclamation mark network error, try contacting your network administrator. In addition, you can also contact your internet service provider to ensure that there is no error on the provider's side, and request to check the connection to your computer and find out where the data connection is interrupted.
There are many configuration issues and technical glitches that can adversely affect your network. You should also be careful with bots, scripts and malware that cause errors in the network. We hope that the solutions above can help you fix the network error with yellow exclamation mark.
Hopefully these ways to fix network errors with yellow exclamation marks in Windows 10 will help you fix them successfully. Helps computers access the network normally. If you have any questions, please contact TipsMake for expert support.
- The network was blocked by a yellow exclamation mark
- Instructions to fix yellow exclamation computer network with only 3 steps
- Instructions for fixing Wifi errors with yellow exclamation
- This is how to reset network settings on Windows 10 with just one click
- Fixed a bug with C drive with yellow exclamation on Windows 10
- How to fix exclamated network errors
- Fix Wifi with red cross and exclamation mark not connecting to Wifi
- How to fix Explorer.exe error with warning yellow triangle on Windows 10
- How to fix yellow screen phone error
- How to fix an empty Network Connections interface