Virtualbox - Download Virtualbox here.
VirtualBox is a free and open source virtualization tool that can help you create an emulator on your Windows system. The application is fully customizable and offers great performance and flexibility.
Although VirtualBox doesn't have a user-friendly interface or a lot of automated functions, it is one of the most sought-after virtualization software by tech-savvy users.
With VirtualBox, you can run multiple operating systems on your computer simultaneously. These operating systems are not limited to Windows and also include macOS, Linux, and Oracle Solaris. Some VirtualBox alternatives that offer similar features are VMware Workstation Pro, Microsoft Virtual PC, VMware Player, and Parallels Desktop.
- Download Virtualbox for Windows here.
- Download Virtualbox for Linux here.
- Download Virtualbox for MAC here.
What is VirtualBox used for?
VirtualBox, developed by Oracle, is a powerful yet open source AMD64/Intel64 and x86 virtualization software. With the help of this tool, users can develop, test and deploy applications and features on different operating systems without needing anything more than a desktop computer. In terms of the flexibility the software offers, it is suitable for both individuals and large-scale businesses.
Unfortunately for beginners, this app can be daunting. That's because it requires technical skills to configure various functions. However, once you get used to it, this software will become a great addition to the utility tools on the computer. To make things easier, VirtualBox provides various user guides that you can refer to when getting started.
What are the features of VirtualBox?
One of the best features of VirtualBox is that it offers premium security. This virtualization tool comes with Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) authentication for enhanced security, secure migration, and disk image encryption. It also includes an SDK that can provide you with additional authentication requirements for maximum security.
Another feature that makes VirtualBox stand out is the only free and open source professional tool. If you are looking for a high-end virtualization software that includes all the functions needed to create multiple operating systems - then this might be the only free but feature-rich choice you have.
In addition, VirtualBox provides up to 32 virtual CPUs for each virtual machine you create. This ensures smooth operations and flawless transitions from one machine to another. The server can get the power of 1024 CPUs if required. In case you run into problems with any functionality, you can easily rely on a dedicated community that is active online and ready to help.
Furthermore, the application can be controlled using a command line interface. It supports all the features available on the dashboard, along with additional tools that are not easily accessible from the main interface. Oracle also continues to provide new features and updates to keep VirtualBox on par with other professional virtualization tools.
- Free to download and use
- Provide cross-platform support
- Has a customizable dashboard
- Allows users to create emulators
- Interface needs to be better
- No technical support
- No strong integration between operating systems
- How to Install VirtualBox
- How to change the UUID in VirtualBox HDD
- How to fix mouse error and virtual machine keyboard in VirtualBox
- How to create a Windows 10 virtual machine with VMware Player and VirtualBox
- How to install VirtualBox Guest Additions on Kali Linux
- Installing Ubuntu in VirtualBox does not need DVD or USB
- How to Set Up a Lightweight LAMP VM
- Instructions on how to install Ubuntu on VirtualBox virtual machine
- How to install a virtual computer VM VirtualBox on macOS
- Instructions for installing Ubuntu Maverick in Mac Virtualbox