How to see which Windows Defender has found malware on a PC
If you use Windows Defender Antivirus to detect and remove malware on Windows 10, you can easily monitor the performance of Defender with an integrated list of all threats that the utility has detected on your PC. . Here's how to get this cardiac catheterization.
See the Windows Defender malware found
First, open the Start menu and enter Windows Security . Select the Windows Security application that appears.
( Note : Windows Defender is now called Windows Security ).Open the Start menu and enter Windows Security
Using the sidebar in Windows Security, select Virus & Threat Protection . Then click Protection History . (On older versions of Windows 10, this option will be called Threat History instead.)Select Virus & Threat Protection
On the Protection History screen , you will see a full list of threats that Windows Defender has identified on your PC.A list of threats appears on the Protection History page
Exploit information on the Protection History page
If the Protection History page is blank, don't worry. That is probably good news. But if you have threats and want to see more information about a specific malware, click the down arrow next to that item. A detailed view will appear.You can see the details of the threat
If you have a large list of identified threats, it may be helpful to use the Filters button to narrow down the group of threats you want to see. For example, you can choose Quarantined to see only threats that have been quarantined or filtered by the severity of the threat.Can use filters to find out threats you are interested in
Even if your Protection History page is full of threats, you can be a little more reassured knowing that Windows Defender is actively working. For even better protection, consider adding Defender with a second anti-malware program.
- Use Windows Defender with Command Prompt on Windows 10
- How to use Windows Defender to scan programs that do not want PUP?
- How to protect files from being mistakenly deleted by Windows Defender
- How to Run Windows Defender Offline
- Windows Defender is disabled or inactive, this is a fix
- Is Windows Defender win 10 good?
- Microsoft is about to add a useful security feature to Windows 10 to help detect software attacks early
- Instructions for using Windows Defender