Double clicking does not open the file, what do you need to do to fix the error?
Double clicking and not opening the file is a situation that makes you 'sweat'? Stop here for a moment because TipsMake has some ways for you to fix errors quickly.
Double clicking is a familiar operation when you want to open a file. And in almost all cases it works normally. But this does not mean that errors never occur with the mouse. The evidence is that many users encounter the situation of ' double clicking cannot open the file on Windows 10 '. Don't worry about this, TipsMake has researched and has great computer tips to help you fix errors.
Detailed 5+ super effective ways to double click and not open files on Windows 10
Double clicking on the program icon still cannot open, cannot open files on Windows 10 by double clicking. These are 'confusing' situations that Windows users may have to face during their experience. Although you can 'fix the fire' by right-clicking on the file and selecting Open . But clearly this is not a quick and easy operation like double clicking to open.
So why can't double-click open the drive/file and how to fix it? Detailed answers are given in each section below.
1/ Check your mouse settings in File Explorer
If you double-click but cannot open a certain file/folder/drive in File Explorer, there is a high possibility that the user has inappropriate mouse settings. Please press Windows + E to open File Explorer > Then, click the View tab > Click Options > When the control panel displays, the user clicks the General button > Tick the line ' Double-click to open security'. item (single-click to select) ' as shown and click OK to save to complete this process.
2/ Adjust double-click speed in Windows 10
The double-click speed is too slow/too fast, causing the system to respond incorrectly, which is also one of the reasons why you 'Double-click cannot open the file'. So, you need to adjust accordingly as follows:
- Step 1 : Press the Windows + I key combination to open Settings > Click to select Devices .
- Step 2 : Next, click on Mouse in the list on the left > Then click on the line ' Additional mouse options '.
- Step 3 : Adjust the slider at the ' Double click speed ' frame (Slow is slow and Fast is fast).
3/ Edit mouse registration key
This method is also quite effective for you to fix the error of not being able to open the Folder when double-clicking. Because the 'culprit' causing the problem could be that some 3rd party application changed the string value for the Mouse registry key from the default settings. So, you fix this error with these steps.
- Step 1 : Press the key combination Windows + R > Enter the keyword ' regedit ' in the box > Click OK to run the command.
- Step 2 : Navigate to the link below (copy the link into the search bar)
- ComputerHKEY_CURRENT_USERControl PanelMouse
- Step 3 : Double click on the following lines in the right pane > Change the values to 4 and click OK to save. Note, please complete the items below.
- Step 4 : Once completed, close Registry Editor > Restart the computer and check for problems.
4/ Disable controlled folder access
- Click the search icon on the taskbar > Type search and open Windows Security on Windows 10.
- Click on Virus & threat protection in the left list > Find and click on ' Manage ransomware protection '.
- Set ' Controlled folder access ' to Off .
5/ Change your laptop display settings
Compatibility issues may be preventing you from opening files when double-clicking. So changing display settings is also an effective solution.
- Step 1 : In any empty area on the screen, the user right-click and select Display Settings .
- Step 2 : Go to Scale and layout > Click the drop-down arrow of ' Change the size of text, apps, and other items ' > Select 100% .
- Step 3 : Double click on the file to see if it can be opened. If not, change to a different ratio to see if the error can be fixed.
Some other solutions to fix it
- Scan and remove viruses on your computer.
- Check the battery, replace the battery with a new one, charge the battery for the mouse in use.
- Check and clean the mouse in use.
- Update computer mouse driver.
- Replace the mouse with a new one.
TipsMake hopes that these solutions will help you fix the error 'Double-clicking cannot open the file' successfully! Leave a comment if you need other questions answered!
- Delete error when clicking on a file or folder and how to fix it EFFECTIVELY
- How to change the video rewind speed by double-clicking on YouTube
- How to Fix JPG file cannot be opened error in Windows 10
- How to fix Open with error on Windows
- How to Highlight Every Other Row in Excel
- How to Indent in Word
- How to fix 'File Is Open in Another Program' in Windows 10
- How to Copy a Table from Word