Tips to schedule shutdown computer without using software
Shutdown timer is one of the most useful tricks when using your computer for those who want to download a large data or a movie or want to turn off the computer at the time you want without having to sit. timing.
How to shut down a computer
Step 1. First, open the Run dialog box by clicking Star> Run or using the Windows + R keyboard shortcut
Step 2. Enter command shutdown timer
The Run window appears, enter the command line shutdown -s -t 3600 to schedule a shutdown or shutdown -s -r 3600 to schedule a reboot.
Enter will receive the following message
- shutdown: is the keyword
- -s: short for shutdown
- -t: time in seconds
- 3600: The amount of time the computer automatically shuts down or restarts (you can change this parameter accordingly)
How to Cancel a shutdown timer command
In case you want to cancel the shutdown command, from the Run window enter the command shutdown -a
Pressing Enter will receive a cancellation notice
You can refer to some extended shutdown timer commands by going from the Run window> typing cmd> typing Shutdown?
Note: If you want to shut down the computer right away and click shutdown, it just doesn't shut down, use the command shutdown / f / s / t 0 (f means close the running programs without warning. ).
Hope the article will be useful to you in the working process.
- Shutdown command - Schedule the shutdown of Windows 10 with the Shutdown command
- How to use the Shutdown command to schedule shutdown and restart the computer
- Software timer shutdown
- How to turn off the computer automatically
- Instructions for scheduling a Windows 10 computer shutdown
- Top 5 best automatic computer shutdown software
- All Frequency Restart, Shutdown, Remote Off ... with Command Prompt
- How to use Classic Shutdown Timer to turn off the computer automatically
- How to schedule a computer to shutdown by Internet Download Manager
- Schedule a Windows computer to shut down without software