Should I choose an ultra-wide monitor or a dual monitor setup?
Today's computers are more powerful than ever, allowing us to multitask without slowing down our systems. The problem is, with just a standard single monitor to work with, things can feel cramped. It's as simple as not having enough room on one monitor to open multiple windows.
So what's the solution? Of course more screen space. There are two ways to do this - by purchasing a larger (or longer) monitor or a multi-monitor setup. So which option is better? Today's article will break down that question and answer each part. For starters, let's talk about why it's so good to have more space.
The benefits of more screen space
The extra screen space is great for many reasons, but one of the biggest is the efficiency it delivers. With the ability to display multiple windows at once, you will no longer need to click through multiple windows every time you want to check something - it's all right in front of your eyes! Even comparing data or dragging and dropping files from one application to another will be more convenient.
There are almost no downsides to investing in extra screen space, except for the cost, but the article guarantees it's worth it and you won't regret it.
Next, let's talk about the first way to increase the available screen space: Use an ultra-wide monitor.
Super wide screen
As you know, the ultra-wide screen provides more uninterrupted horizontal space for you to work. These monitors also often curve to match your field of view, making it easier to see the edges of the screen.
Now, let's discuss some of the pros and cons of the ultra-wide monitor.
Advantages of ultra-wide screen
- Uninterrupted screen space : One of the best things about ultra-wide monitors is that - when compared to the split screens that multi-monitor setups come with - you don't have to worry about any bezels. what picture. Every pixel is seamlessly connected, providing a great, smooth experience every time you use your computer.
- Fully Immersive Gaming : If you're a gamer and want to get the most out of your games, having an ultra-wide monitor is a plus. Every time you sit down to play, you'll feel more immersed in your game, and in racing, shooting, and MOBA games, you'll have the advantage of being able to see more of what's going on around you.
- Great for music production and video editing : The extra horizontal space afforded by the ultra-wide monitor makes any timeline-related task a lot easier and more convenient for everything. are all in a clear, uninterrupted space. If you are a music or video creator, you should definitely consider buying one of these monitors.
Disadvantages of ultra-wide screen
- Black bars : Unfortunately, not all games and videos support ultra-wide graphics, so you may experience black bars on either side of the screen when playing or viewing things. This isn't a big deal, but if it bothers you, you can opt for dual monitors instead.
- High price : As you might expect, the ultra-wide monitor comes with a hefty price tag, so make sure you definitely want one before you buy. Even so, if you do decide to invest, it is in most cases well worth the money especially if you love the features they offer.
You now have an overview of the ultra-wide screen. They're pretty versatile, but aren't for everyone, so let's talk about dual-monitor setups to see if they're something you like.
Dual monitor setups have become increasingly popular in recent years. It's an easy way to increase your screen space and increase productivity without breaking your pocket. It's great isn't it?
Like ultra-wide monitors, dual monitors also have their own pros and cons.
Advantages of dual screen
- Easier to multitask while playing games or watching videos . In general, ultra-wide screens are better for multitasking, but when it comes to watching videos or playing games, dual monitors have the edge. This is because videos and games often take up the entire screen, even the ultra-wide ones, so by opting for a second monitor, you can do other things at the same time while watching or playing games.
- For the same amount of money, you get more screen real estate with dual monitors . This of course depends on the specific monitor you choose to buy, but if you don't mind super high refresh rates and 4K graphics, you can easily find many affordable monitor options. on the market.
Disadvantages of dual monitors
- Inconsistency between screens . If you have two monitors that are not of the same model, there will most likely be some inconsistency between the two. For example, colors may vary slightly depending on the monitor, which can be a bit of an issue if you're an art or video person. Such small disparities shouldn't be too big of a deal for most people, but it's something to keep in mind.
- The bezels disrupt screen space : This really goes without saying. Multiple monitor setups cannot provide the same seamless viewing experience as an ultra-wide monitor, due to the border between different monitors.
Dual monitors are great, but keep in mind that, if you want to connect more than two monitors - and your PC has enough ports - you can absolutely do so. So while the extra area the ultra-wide monitor offers compared to a dual-monitor setup is comparable, no ultra-wide monitor can offer as much space as a 3-monitor setup ( or more).
Hopefully by now, you've got an idea of what the best option is for you. Want uninterrupted screen space and full immersion in video games? Choose the ultra-wide screen. If you want a cheaper alternative and don't mind the bezel between the screens, dual monitors are the way to go. Do you need more screen real estate? Consider a triple monitor setup.
All decisions are on your side! Hopefully, after reading this article, you feel confident enough to make an informed decision for yourself.
- Microsoft silently perfects dual screen support for Edge Chromium
- How to create dual boot Linux and Windows 10 on Linux
- How to set an individual DPI ratio in a multi-monitor setup
- Experience choosing to buy the best computer monitor
- Intel unveiled a foldable dual-screen PC
- What is a dual SIM phone?
- How to use 2 monitors on Windows 10
- What criteria to evaluate a good blood pressure monitor?
- Buy the best blood pressure monitor
- Dual boot (Dual boot) with virtual machine: Which one should you choose?