Office 365 will have the new Unverified Sender feature
Microsoft is currently deploying a new feature for Microsoft Office 365 called Unverified Sender .
The Unverified Sender feature is described on the official Microsoft Roadmap as follows:
'Unverified Sender is a new feature of Office 365 that helps end users identify suspicious emails in their inbox. To help customers identify suspicious emails in their inbox, we added an indicator that Office 365 Spoof Intelligence cannot verify senders. '
How does the Unverified Sender feature work?
The Unverified Sender feature works by providing you with a separate visual indicator. Instead of the usual name tag that includes the avatar or contact abbreviation, a question mark is displayed.
This significantly increases the opportunity for Office 365 users to quickly detect potential phishing attacks or attempt to spoof potential senders.
- 25% of phishing email defaults on default security of Office 365
However, the Unverified Sender filter will not analyze any email from a given sender, if the user has placed that sender as Safe Sender in his or her inbox.
In addition, emails distributed via admin permission lists are not analyzed.
Which criteria will Outlook use to mark emails?
To avoid the question mark in the sender image, email must pass SPF or DKIM authentication and receive dmarc or general authentication from Office 365 Spoof Intelligence.
To be approved, the domain from From needs to be the same as the domain from the DKIM or SMTP MAIL FROM signature .
On the other hand, Outlook will display the domain in either of those two fields, with the option for DKIM signatures.
Are you excited about the new Unverified Sender feature? Share your thoughts with everyone in the comments section below!
- How to turn on automatic email replies on Gmail
- How to block mailers in Mail on iPhone, iPad
- How to hide sender photos in Windows 10 Mail
- Tips for reading messages on Messenger that the sender did not know
- Set AutoSave feature in Office 2016
- Discover the 'interior' Office 2016 Preview
- What is the Microsoft Office Upload Center? How to disable this tool?
- Turn off the Office Upload Center feature