Not a fox, the FireFox browser icon is another animal
Firefox, fully known as Mozilla Firefox, is one of the most popular browsers in the world. The logo of the Firefox browser has an image of the Earth surrounded by an animal with a flaming body symbolizing the browser's function to connect around the world.
When looking at this logo, many people mistakenly think that the animal on the Firefox icon is a fox. However, it was actually a red panda. Firefox is also known as Red panda - red panda, native to the eastern Himalayas and southwestern China.
Mozilla mentioned this in a post about Firefox Live! Red panda awareness project on blog. Accordingly, the Firefox logo is designed from the inspiration taken from the marketing campaign for this project.
The red panda, when viewed from a distance, resembles a fox, but has darker fur on its legs and a shorter snout. The red panda has a rather small body (only bigger than a domestic cat) with a lovely shaggy tail that helps them maintain good balance.
In addition to Firefox, many technology giants are also interested in the logo's mascot. Take for example the Tux penguin, the official Linux operating system icon created by Larry Ewing in 1996. The penguin was chosen by Torvalds looking for a friendly and cheerful image associated with Linux.
- Free unused memory on Firefox browser
- How to delete Firefox account
- The unique feature of Firefox Rocket browser on Android
- Why is Firefox faster, uses less memory and still can't win Chrome?
- Displays the amount of memory used by each tab on Firefox browser
- Simple way to speed up Firefox browser
- Firefox 56 released with a new screen capture, settings panel
- 4D animal photo collection for Animal 4D +