McAfee officially has a new name
Intel representative said the McAfee brand has been changed to a new name and the name will be applied immediately, meaning that coming here, McAfee antivirus software will no longer have this name.
According to Intel CEO Brian Krzanich , McAfee will be officially replaced by Intel Security . This will also represent not only anti-virus software but also all of Intel's security products and services.
According to Krzanich , the application of the new name will take place " immediately " but there will be a year to gradually convert. The red shield icon symbolizing " security and security core values " will remain the same.
Intel bought McAfee in August 2010 for $ 7.7 billion (Intel paid 48 dollars per share ). Currently, McAfee is held but still works in tandem with Intel.
According to some opinions, the change of name was to avoid the misfortune of John McAfee's founder when he was a suspect in a murder.
Speaking to the BBC, John McAfee said he was delighted with Intel's change and felt " liberated" when he had been reacted by millions of users around the world.
- How to uninstall McAfee
- How to Disable McAfee
- McAfee works 'too actively'
- New Trojan forged McAfee
- Register for free using McAfee VirusScan Plus 2010 for 1 year
- McAfee warns: Malware is everywhere in 2019
- Free 6-month subscription to McAfee Internet Security 2019 license
- How to Uninstall McAfee Internet Security
- Ensure safety when surfing with McAfee SiteAdvisor
- Free 6-month license for McAfee AntiVirus Plus 2018 antivirus software, priced at $ 55