iPhone 17 will have big changes in screen
Ross Young, CEO of consulting company DSCC and also one of the most accurate sources of information about the iPhone, recently revealed that the iPhone 17 and 17 Plus will be equipped with 120 Hz ProMotion screens, while the Pro duo and Pro Max has hidden FaceID.
Young cited sources from the supply chain as saying that on iPhone 17 and 17 Plus, Apple will be equipped with LTPO panels instead of LTPS. With an LTPO screen, when displaying different content, the refresh frequency can automatically adjust to a lower level for better battery life.
In addition, the sizes of iPhone 17 and iPhone 17 Plus have also been increased to 6.27 inches and 6.86 inches, respectively, with the aspect ratio also adjusted to 19.6:9. Meanwhile, the iPhone 16 Ultra expected to launch in 2024 is expected to still have a 19.5:9 ratio and will have a screen size of 6.9 inches, the estimated horizontal size will be 77.2 mm, and the length will be approx. 165mm.
Another big change on the 17 Pro and 17 Pro Max is that Apple uses FaceID under the screen instead of Dynamic Island. The screen only has a small hole for the front camera, no longer has a pill shape. Meanwhile, the standard version still maintains the Dynamic Island feature.
In addition, analyst Ming-Chi Kuo also said that the iPhone 17 generation will be equipped with a 5G modem developed by the company itself.
It seems like Apple is creating a clear technology gap between the standard iPhone and the Pro series iPhone.
- IPhone screen X: Size and special features
- Why is your iPhone screen always dark and bright? How to fix?
- LG will provide the screen for iPhone 6
- 120Hz screen will be equipped for all 14 . iPhone models
- Some iPhone 15 Pro Max have serious screen errors
- How to split the screen on iPhone
- How to fix white screen error on iPhone
- How to fix iPhone error on the screen?
- Instructions for projecting the iPhone screen on the computer
- Slide, screen iPhone on your computer