How to compress and decompress files with WinRar?
With the advantages of fast compression and decompression speed, support for many different compression formats, simple one-click operation, WinRar is the first choice of users when it is necessary to compress files in Windows. To use it, first download WinRar and install it on your computer.
Instructions for compressing files with WinRar
Step 1 : Right-click the file to compress and select Add to archive .
Step 2 : When the dialog box opens, name it and choose the format for the compressed file and some other customizations
And this is the compressed file.
Instructions to extract using WinRar
Step 1 : Right-click the file to extract and select Extract Here
Step 2 : Immediately, the compressed file will pop up next to it
The above is a simple operation for you to compress and decompress a file in your computer. From now on, you can customize it to suit your purpose.
- Instructions for solving .Rar, .Zip compressed files online
- How to fix the compressed archive using WinRar?
- Create ZIP files in just two steps in Mac OS X
Note when compressing and decompressing files with winrar
- Normally when uploading multiple files at the same time (such as the files of a music disc), we should compress all these files into a single compressed file and then upload this compressed file.
- WinRAR supports setting passwords while compressing files.If we use a password for the compressed file, we must provide the password to the downloader so that they can successfully extract the file
- WinRAR also supports both compressing and splitting files.If the uploader uses WinRAR to both compress and split the file, then the downloader needs to download all the parts and put them in the same directory.Then just extract the first part and WinRAR will automatically find the rest to join and extract.
- If using Windows XP, you can extract ZIP archives without WinRAR.How to do the following: double click on the zip file, copy the contents of the zip file, then paste it into an existing folder, Windows will automatically extract and put the results into this folder.
- If the message 'The archieve is either in unknown format or damaged' or 'No archives found' is displayed when the file is extracted, it means that the compressed file has been corrupted.The damaged file may be due to an unsuccessful download or by the wrong person.If it's the two case, we need to notify the person who compressed this file.
- How to compress and decompress files with WinRAR on the computer
- How to decompress RAR, ZIP files with Winrar, 7-Zip software
- How to compress and decompress files and folders on a Mac
- How to compress and decompress ZIP files quickly
- How to compress and decompress files on iPhone
- How to compress and decompress files without installing additional software on Windows 10
- How to compress files to reduce space with WinRAR
- How to compress multiple files at the same time using WinRar?
- 3 ways to compress and decompress files in Chromebook
- How to compress the smallest file size with WinRAR