Fix errors can not merge hard drives, partitions on Windows
Although the process of merging hard drives and partitions on Windows 10 is extremely simple, you have done many times without success, causing you to question why is it so.
There are many reasons for your hard drive pooling or partition failure on Windows 10 to fail. This causes your computer to be limited or the computer does not run smoothly, making you uncomfortable. So this article of us will help you find 4 common causes and how to fix these errors.
The cause and how to fix it
The two partitions you want to merge are located on two different hard drives
The best fix is, you can create a large partition - with the total space being greater than the two partitions you want to merge - on another hard drive, then copy the data to the large partition instead. .
Partition is the system partition
There is no way to fix this error because this partition contains the files used to boot the system.
Insufficient partition (less than 1GB)
The primary machine partition must have at least 1GB of free space. To fix not enough space, you need to delete unused files to free up more space for the primary partition. Or you need to put the second partition into an unallocated state. Then you use 'resized partition' to merge the unformatted state partition into the primary partition.
The two partitions are not next to each other
To fix this error, you can do it in 2 ways:
- Manually: If there is enough space in the primary partition to save the data of the 2nd partition, you can copy the data of the 2nd partition and paste it into the primary partition, so that it is returned to the state. Format. You can then merge primary and unformatted primary partitions together to increase space for primary partitions.
- Use the Minitool Partition Wizard tool to merge 2 partitions that are not next to each other.
Thus, you can not merge the hard drive or partition because you may have encountered 1 of 4 reasons above. Please refer to the fix that we give to successfully manipulate!
- How to combine multiple hard drives into a Volume on Windows 10
- How to delete a partition on Windows hard drive?
- Looking back on 60 years of miraculous development of hard drives today
- Multi-level SSD: SLC, MLC, TLC, QLC and PLC?
- Partition to create the second hard drive on Windows
- How to split the hard drive, merge the partition on Windows XP without worrying about losing data
- How to increase the life and durability of hard drives
- 7 mistakes easily 'kill' SSDs
- The Best External Hard Drives for 2020
- 2 ways to hide hard disk partitions on Windows