Samsung admitted it was learning Apple, after a shareholder said his son wanted to buy an iPhone instead of a Galaxy smartphone
According to Nikkei's report, Samsung Electronics announced in a shareholder meeting on Wednesday that it will continue its strong investment plans, despite the outbreak of the Covid-19 epidemic. While companies like TSMC and Apple are cautious, the Korean giant is confident this is a good time to beat these competitors.
However, at this shareholder meeting, Samsung admitted to learning Apple in the field of smartphones. A shareholder at the meeting said his son wanted to buy an iPhone, instead of a Samsung Galaxy smartphone. Obviously, Apple's iPhone has a great appeal, especially for young audiences.
Former CEO of smartphones, currently the lead director of IT and telecommunications of Samsung, Mr. DJ Koh admitted that: 'I know that Apple's smartphones are touching young people's emotions and enticing them to use use. We should learn that from competitors'.
Koh said Samsung's new smartphones are aimed at users in their 20s, offering impressive experiences. Samsung has launched two foldable smartphones, Galaxy Fold horizontally and Galaxy Z Flip fold vertically, while Apple has not launched any foldable devices.
What Samsung is missing is probably the feeling, the Samsung smartphones are very good and give an impressive experience, but still not bring emotions and satisfaction when owned.
For young people, owning an Apple iPhone still gives them joy, satisfaction, self-affirmation. That's the same thing that Apple has been aiming for over the past 10 years, when Apple products have always been associated with high quality, well-known brands, and cheap prices.
- Compare the test speed Samsung Galaxy S5 and iPhone 6
- Compare Galaxy S10E and iPhone XR: Where is the flagship model worth spending?
- How smart phones have jumped from $ 200 to $ 2,000
- Galaxy Note 3 wins iPhone 6 Plus in a bend test
- Leaked the first real image of Samsung Galaxy S11, the most anticipated smartphone in the first half of 2020
- Galaxy S11 5G officially appeared on Geekbench with impressive specifications
- Real pictures of Galaxy S4 and iPhone 5 Taiwan in Vietnam
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro, Galaxy Note 9 and iPhone Xs Max pitted
- Samsung's new ad scoffs at Apple's slowing iPhone
- There were benchmark scores of Galaxy S10 / S10 +, the most powerful Android smartphone today, surpassing iPhone XS on graphics points