Apple makes Samsung lose all billion dollars
According to the Wall Street Journal, Apple and Samsung are no longer partners this year and as a result of this disruption, Samsung lost nearly a billion dollars.
While most people think Samsung is a company that only makes smartphones, TVs, refrigerators, washing machines, and dryers, it is also a chip manufacturing company for other companies' devices. . And Apple is one of the largest customers of Samsung's chip business.
Samsung used to make chips for Apple.
Samsung has made chip lines inside the iPhone and iPad, they are called Apple chips A7 or Awhatever. The design of these chips was undertaken by a British chip company, but then Samsung will act as a manufacturer based on that design.
But this year, Apple chose TSMC chip maker in Taiwan to replace Samsung due to business conflicts. This decision made Samsung's chip manufacturing sector lose nearly 851 million USD this year. And also reduced to $ 197 million from production profits.
The A8 chip is no longer produced by Samsung.
"The revenue and profit from its LSI (logic chip business) system has been worsened as customers' demand continues to decline, " said the head of Samsung's investment relations . However, according to the Wall Street Journal , this leader is referring to Apple as the cause of their losses.
- Apple officially became a company of 1000 billion dollars
- Samsung is ready to pump an additional $ 116 billion for the battle in the mobile chip market
- Apple may lose $ 9 billion because iPhone sales in some markets are not as expected
- Google acquired Apple for $ 9 billion, which turned out to be a Dow Jones fake news
- Apple requires Samsung to pay $ 40 for every smartphone sold
- The Chinese will spend 1.5 billion dollars on gaming consoles in 2023
- The 7-year dispute over the iPhone patent between Apple and Samsung also came to an end
- Samsung invested $ 6 billion in the new 7nm EUV factory
- Apple began to fear Samsung
- Samsung launched a series of 6 video 'swirling stones' Apple