How to deselect an area, layer in Adobe Photoshop
Similarly, deselecting elements in Photoshop is also a basic task that you need to know. Find out below.
Deselect an area in an image with a keyboard shortcut
The simplest and fastest method to deselect an area in Photoshop is to use a keyboard shortcut. This applies on both Windows and Mac platforms.
- On Windows, you press Ctrl + D to deselect a previously selected area on the image. On Mac.
- On Mac, you press Command + D to perform the same action.
Photoshop will immediately deselect the area you previously selected on the image.
Deselect an area in an image using the context menu
Another simple way you can try to deselect an area in Photoshop is to use an option from the context menu.
First, open the Photoshop window where you selected the area on the image.
Right click on the selected area on the image and from the context menu that appears, click 'Deselect'.
The area that you previously selected on the image will be immediately undone.
Deselect an area in the image using the system menu bar
If you prefer to use the system menu bar, there's also an option that lets you undo a selected area on the image.
First, find a selected area in the image.
In Photoshop's menu bar, click Select > Deselect.
(Tip: To reselect the deselected area, also on Photoshop's menu bar, click Select > Reselect).
Photoshop will deselect the area you previously selected on the image.
Deselect a layer in Photoshop
Deselecting a layer in Photoshop is also very easy.
To do this, navigate your mouse pointer to the "Layers" panel area in the lower right corner of the Photoshop interface. Click anywhere in the panel (but not on the layer).
This will deselect the previously selected layers. You should also consider merging layers if they clutter the panel.
Hope you are succesful.
- Remove bad details from photos with Adobe Photoshop
- How to use Photoshop CS5 - Part 3: Introducing Layers
- These great new features of Adobe Photoshop CC 2018 the Designer should not be missed
- How to hide - show menu items in Adobe Photoshop
- Link download Adobe Photoshop CC
- Instructions for using Photoshop for newbies
- How to rotate a layer in Photoshop
- How to blur photos using Adobe Photoshop Fix Android
- Link download Adobe Photoshop Express for Windows 10 3.0.316.0
- How to use Photoshop CS5 - Part 1: Toolbox