How does the Action button on iPhone 15 Pro work?
Apple officially launched the new iPhone 15 Pro today, and there's a brand new button on the side that can be customized to activate a specific function. This new Action button is similar to the one introduced on the Apple Watch Ultra, which can activate a variety of functions.
The new Action button replaces the iPhone's "branded" ring/vibrate toggle
The Action button, which replaces the iPhone's "brand" ring/vibrate toggle, can be programmed to do things like activate the camera, turn on the flashlight, launch Voice Memo, open notes, switch Focus mode or run your own custom shortcuts. You can also set accessibility options like Magnifier.
The Action button switches the iPhone back and forth between ringing and vibrating (silent) modes by default, which is very important because it has replaced the ring/vibrate toggle that Apple has included in the iPhone since its launch. in 2007. You can even feel haptic feedback when switching between modes.
People who want to silence their iPhone by flipping a switch in their pocket (without looking at the device) can still do so with the Pro because the button is in the same location. But if you want an actual switch, the iPhone 15 basically still has a physical switch. The Action button on the Apple Watch Ultra is large, clear, and painted orange, while the iPhone's is only the size of the traditional ring/vibrate toggle it replaced and matches the color of the phone.
The Action button, while subtle, is one of the few visually noticeable changes to the iPhone's exterior over the years – along with the new USB-C port on the bottom of the device.
Things you can do with the Action button on iPhone 15 Pro
The new Action button allows you to quickly activate your favorite features without unlocking your iPhone 15 Pro. Currently, this button supports 9 different quick actions. After customizing the Action button, you just need to press and hold it to launch the feature.
- Silent mode : Action button is set to toggle between Ring and Silent mode by default.
- Focus : You can set your favorite Focus filters for quick launch via the Action button.
- Camera : You can launch the camera by pressing the Action button to capture precious moments.
- Flashlight : Like the camera, you can customize the Action button to turn on the flashlight.
- : You can quickly capture your ideas by activating Voice Memos via the Action button.
- Translate : The Action button can be configured to quickly translate your text.
- Magnifier : While looking through small texts, you can launch the Magnifier tool via the Action button.
- Shortcuts : The Action button on iPhone 15 Pro can adjust your custom shortcuts, such as sending messages or launching apps.
- Accessibility : You can use your favorite accessibility tools, including VoiceOver, Zoom, AssistiveTouch, and others, through the Action Button.
The Action button on iPhone 15 Pro and Pro Max offers many new possibilities to personalize your experience. You can quickly access your most used features without opening a specific app. So this will be a favorite addition to the new iPhone 15 Pro models in both appearance and features.
- iPhone 15 Pro has a new Action button
- How to edit the Action Center button in Windows 10
- Steps to fix missing Bluetooth button in Windows 10 Action Center
- Action buttons in PowerPoint 2016
- Apple was sued collectively in the US because of a power button error on iPhone 4, 4s and 5
- How to edit the Action Center quick button on Windows 10 19H1
- Replacement operations for home button on iPhone XS, and iPhone XS Max
- How to restart iPhone on iOS 11 when not using the power button
- Fix the Home button error does not work on iPhone
- Instructions on how to use action extension on iPhone and iPad