List of easy passwords to crack in 2023, in less than a second
NordPass recently announced a list of easy-to-crack passwords in 2023. Accordingly, easy-to-remember passwords such as P@ssw0rd, qwertyuiop or Aa123456, admin are still commonly used.
Specifically, "123456" with more than 4.5 million attempts is the most popular password. Next is "admin" with more than 4 million bets, number strings like "1234", "12345678", "Aa123456" or "password" are still used a lot with about a million bets. These passwords can all be cracked in under a second.
Many people also choose brand names like "amazon", "netflix", "google", "motorola" and easy-to-remember words like "welcome", "demo", "test" as passwords. And hackers can lock them out "in about a second".
In Vietnam, numerical passwords are still the most used by many people. The most popular is "123456", used nearly 200,000 times, followed by "123456789" and "12345678".
The above results were given by NordPass after synthesizing and analyzing 4.3 TB of data taken from public sources in 35 countries on 8 different types of digital platforms.
Passwords are a popular security method because of their convenience today. But many companies are now looking for new solutions to replace this type because it is considered outdated. Other methods that are being prioritized today are Passkey (key code), fingerprint, face or pin code authentication.
- Microsoft offers users a way to crack Office 2019 software on Bing
- How to use ASCII characters to create strong passwords
- Top 10 faces with the worst passwords in 2018: Second US Defense Ministry
- How easy is Crack WiFi?
- Risk of ransomware infection when downloading crack software online
- Americans are banned from using password 1234 to ensure safety
- Summary of how to create strong passwords and manage the most secure passwords
- Upgrade Wi-Fi security from WEP to WPA2
- Data structure of double linked list
- What is the smartest and safest way to store passwords?