Android is increasingly stifling under Google
Google provides Android operating systems to manufacturers and allows them to customize their operating systems, but still must commit to providing Google's own services. Now, however, it seems that Google is increasingly making it difficult for manufacturers to make new commitments.
" The secret document on recent terms shows that Google has added requirements to dozens of manufacturers such as Samsung, HTC and Huawei when they build devices powered by Android ." These requirements are quite difficult, such as increasing the number of Google applications that must be pre-installed on more than 20 devices, placing more Google applications on the home screen or in a prominent icon folder and search bar. Google search is more prominent.
Google and Android
In addition, Google also needs manufacturers to activate the " OK Google " command on their devices so that voice search works better on supported devices. Manufacturers also have to build Android brands that show prominently on phones or tablets - something that has been confirmed in the past.
Manufacturers can still say no to Google, and they can still do Android devices, but they won't have Google Play, or other Google services, that's what Amazon does and Nokia does.
Google is increasingly dominating Android
Because Android is so successful, it seems that Google is increasingly showing its ultimate power in this operating system and forcing every manufacturer to follow.
- Being fined 5 billion USD by EU, Google threatened to charge Android
- What Google hasn't revealed at I / O 2014
- 9 great Android apps from Google that you've never heard of
- Google will cooperate with MediaTek in Android One project
- Google Search Android encounters strange errors, automatically escaping when users search for these keyword phrases
- Google I / O 2018: Google introduces a host of new features related to Android P, Assistant Assistant, Gmail
- 3 newly changed settings of Android P
- The prediction of Android's name 9.0 follows Google's spring wallpaper set
- Quick notes on Android with Google Keep
- Google tightens advertising regulations in Android apps