Windows 10 October 2018 Update is coming back, right on Halloween
As Halloween approaches, Microsoft is also preparing to release update October 2018 Update again. And this time, they are sure that the OS will not delete your data when it has fixed 2 errors that caused data loss in the previous release.
On October 30, 2018, Microsoft released Windows 10 October 2018 Build 17763.104 on Windows Insiders Slow Ring and Release Preview Ring. Release Preview is the last step before Microsoft releases an update for all users, meaning the job is nearing completion. If there is no serious error then October 2018 Update has been released the final version.
- Windows 10 October 2018 Update Update again, the error of overwriting the file
- A new error occurred after updating Windows 10 October 2018 Update regarding CCleaner and Internet connection
- Critical error Windows 10 October automatically deletes files in your computer and Internet connection
The latest build fixes the error that causes users to lose data when working with a .zip file. Microsoft also fixed a number of other errors, such as misinformation in Task Manager, and of course the serious error of deleting the user's entire directory is no longer available.
Windows 10 October 2018 Update will be released in the next one or two weeks. You should back up your latest version data. If you use Windows 10 Professional, users can postpone the update. But if you use the Home version, you should avoid clicking on Check for Updates. (Microsoft says users should not click on that Microsoft warning, clicking Check for Updates new update will make Windows 10 unstable).
Hopefully this time there will be no more errors on Windows 10
It is also praiseworthy that Microsoft also used Release Preview Ring before launching it officially. Previously October 2018 Update was released in a press event and Microsoft skipped the release process via Release Preview.
Ars Technica also stated that Windows 10 development process is flawed. Such errors should not appear on common users. Microsoft fired or reallocated many internal testers and a lot of testing was done by Windows Insiders.
Worse, most Windows Insiders do not dare to install these builds on popular machines and Microsoft does not encourage it. This means that the new version of Windows 10 is not tested in the real world before it is released.
Now perhaps Microsoft has overcome all the errors that should not have been there in the first place.
- The latest Windows 10 October patch has a dead blue screen error (BSOD)
- Microsoft said it could recover lost data by updating Windows 10 October Update
- Microsoft explains why Windows 10 October 2018 Update deletes user data
- The latest Windows 10 October update has a serious error, Microsoft must cooperate with Apple to fix it
- Windows 10 October 2018 Update and new highlights will appear
- Test your level of knowledge about Halloween
- Invite to download 10 Halloween sticker packages for iMessage, being free
- The best Halloween movies of all time
- Windows 10 1803 is still the king of Microsoft castle
- Tell you the costumes for the Halloween costumes for the night of 31/10
- The most beautiful Halloween pumpkins
- 10 super cool Halloween games for Android 2017
- Good Windows applications for Halloween